100,000 posts

Dave

I was wondering what people's suggestions might be for things we could do for our 100,000th post celebrations?

Please don't reply with things like "parteh!!!!111" etc, because they're annoying.

I was thinking something along the lines of an alternate colour scheme/style or some major site improvement, etc.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, everyone could get the title "100,000 posts!"

Or, more seriously, you could sell merchandise...

Or, a cake background...

Perhaps a few schemes to choose from for the background?

New icons/buttons?

Fire all of the moderators?

Have a reward for the person that makes it?

Have some sort of limit (avatar, sig length, blah blah) changed?

Get avatars saying "Yay!"

A banner saying "100,000 posts!"

Who can spot the joke one?

Reopen the arcade!

Maybe there could be awards event where people who have contributed a lot to SFN (in terms of post quality, length of being a member, diplomacy and helping people with questions, and so forth) can get perks like a custom title, or a title under their avatar and details (like the arcade ones that there used to be).

It was basically a place where you could play online games (Tetris, Space Invaders, etc). The person who got the highest score in that particular game would get it mentioned in their profile. I always thought it was rather cool.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i think that an arcade section would be wicked, allowing a bit of competition between members.... what do you lot think of that?

shops would be harder because of oversea posting and credit card details and address etc. although im sure it could be arranged.

hells yes. An arcade would be sweet!

A shop would be awesome, but yea, shipping would be an issue. When blike signs on again, we should ask him about it. Or maybe sayo, or one of the other "good ol' boys" could explain how it worked. :D

We should have sweaters with one of the ideas from the "Science Shirts" thread :)

on my friends game's website, theres a 'theme' button, follow that link and you can chose from many different colour schemes - all the same layout, just different colours, it is effective as everyone has their own favourite and is also quite simple - making it more complicated would be to make sure SFN remembers your own colour settings, probably in the form of a cookie... (just like is can remember your password).

bubbles are now confined to "general discussion" or to "non-science" sections

that restraint should be let off for a day so that hitler, jesus, cartman and other guys could make comments about the serious issues of the times

also, of course, Cyanara should do his special dance in a new hat.

this is only appropriate, not to say inevitable

here are some sample bubbles:

http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?p=72571#post72571