Languages

ydoaPs

Should learning the language of a country be required to be a citizen of it?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should learning the language of a country be required to be a citizen of it?

well how many languages do u guys speak . used to speak , understand fluently or taken lessons?

I used to speak French fairly fluently up to a basic kind of level, but I've forgotten most of that now. Did German briefly and dropped it as soon as was physically possible, and enjoyed Latin quite a bit.

well how many languages do u guys speak . used to speak , understand fluently or taken lessons?

English, Ancient Greek, Latin, French, Japanese, Egyptian hieroglyphs. Not necessarily in order of expertise, I hasten to add.

I assume you meant non-machine languages ;)

I wasn't speaking to him. If i was speaking to him it would be addressed to him.

Fascinating yet irrelevant.

Since he hasn't posted, I paraphrased what he was saying on the other thread.

I know. That's what I am objecting to, and you can bet your obnoxious ass that he will too.

I assume you meant non-machine languages ;)

Well, if I include that... BBC Basic, QBasic, VB6, VB.NET (to a certain extent), C, C++, Java, TCL, PHP and a couple other minor scripting languages. Never got on with perl ;)

Now I beat you, bloodhound! Anyway, I'll shut up now and go to bed.

i am not really a programming kind of guy. started java. but couldnt be bothered any more. can do some basic http (i know , i know). but i am very good at graphic design and manipulation!!

If u ever see a fake pic of a celebrity nude. Its highly likely that it was touched up be ME!!!

Originally Posted by bloodhound

I' m fluent in French, English, Romanian. I'm not bad in Italian.

I'm afraid I forgot most of my German and Latin.

oops' date=' u forgot a bracket.

I speak English, VERY little Russian, I am in the process of learning Spanish, and I will be taking French and Latin next year.[/quote']

Don't forget about the civilty lessons ! You really need them to understand you have no right to offence someone, just because you think you are a smart one !

I was expecting you to speak only English fluently, after reading your answers.

I hope you very short suspension was for a good purpose !