Who are all the moderators again?

divagreen

I don't mean to be a sh1t stirrer...

But I have always felt that transparent processing is a good thing.

I found this in another thread, that was closed:

insane_alien wrote:

no, thats just going to make you likely to get banned from the forum too. if you want a thread moved, ask a moderator.

as to your ban, it was either scruffy, azurephoenix or mooeypoo who banned you. talk to them.

okay, found out which ban was yours and removed it. won't be doing it again so behave .

Uhm...I didn't know that Scruffy or Azurephoenix had mod privileges...or Insane_alien for that matter...

I really don't care, but I think that it is nice to have it all out in the open, ya know?

AzurePhoenix and insane_alien are not moderators on sfn. SFN moderators are marked as such (even though I don't see why it would be a problem if some were not). AP and IA might be moderators on the chat (in fact they quite likely are if IA says so). That's a different issue. But I think moderators on the chat are flagged there, too - at least in most chat clients.

Scruffy? Who's that? :P

His name on here is Rakdos and he doesn't post much. HERE is a list of administrators and moderators for the forums.

...bearing in mind that "IPS" is an account for the software manufacturer, to be used when we file support requests, and "capncrunch" is merely a second copy of me from when we converted to IPB.

Chat staff are different from regular forum staff because the regular forum staff does not always lurk in the chatroom. So a few of the regular chatters are designated mods. They don't usually have to do any moderating -- in fact, almost never -- and I have logs of chatroom activity if there's a problem.

The chat mods will have a @ next to their name, if you log on to chat. They're different from the forum mods.

Some client software will alter the @ to a colour or other identifier... If you are wondering, ask.

There are also network staff, they run the servers, they are unlikely to have a notifier, but will make themselves known if required...

Thank you for everyone's input, as the way that the topic was closed in the other thread left things a bit confusing.

SFN moderators are marked as such (even though I don't see why it would be a problem if some were not).

I believe in dual accountability on forum sites; from the users who cyber "sign" the terms of agreement as well as the posters who are in a position of power as administrators and moderators. One of the things that I like about this site is the way that the rules are enforced, the accountability that the moderators have demonstrated (in most cases), and the adherence to the process itself rather than the catering of egos. It is pretty stellar moderating IMO.

As a user of this site, it is important for me to know who are the people in positions of power are, so that I know who to go to if I have a problem or a question. I believe in transparent processing when comes it to facilitating any type of group activity, forums being a form of "group activity".

***warning! tongue in cheek levity moment here!*** I also would like to know who else I can contact other than Swansont to correct my dreadful grammatical errors, as I have a terrible fear that I am going to call Swansont, "Swansnot", due to my mild dyslexia, and that he won't be very helpful at all.

Is it posted somewhere who the moderators are in the chatroom? Because I had no clue. I think that I have only been a nuisance once or twice when I was abysmally bored and no one responded to "Hi!". I think that I argued with myself a bit...I know that chatrooms have logs and I was sincerely hoping that I entertained someone other than myself.

Speaking of the chatroom...I notice that people can log in under different names? I would think that would be a deterrent to new users, as you have no idea whom you are really talking to and knowing whom you are talking to through their posts gives at least a frame of reference in order to find some type of conversation material. :D