Topic Closure

7th

I didnt' have a chance to reply to the topic you just closed, (can you move it to the Religion section); it was an idea how to bring world-peace and unity. Although it didn't seem like it, I was attempting to get the message across of what Jesuits believed in before I continued with the idea of how to bring Science and Religion closer together.

"If the holy books can be related to real-life and scientifically then why not?" - this is how.

Atheists seem to believe that the source of the problem is Religion and do their best to promote against it. I don't believe this is the way forward and instead is causing more disruption as you'll never be able to kill God and the message of God. We need to unite as a species to progress and our first priority should be the health of our planet, for if our ecosystem is destroyed we will surely die. We can apply scientific evidence to religious books and use created-things to promote the idea of God, as well as science and advancement; saving the world is advancement for humanity. If humans were able to create a bible that talked of peace and eternal life 2000 years ago, then any human with an educated mind can create a bible now, in more depth and with better equations - more spirit and more wisdom; and by doing so are continuing spreading the message God, which is peace and good.

Being one of the few remaining Jesuits, I have changed the message of the Society of Jesus, I think I have enough love for my father and mother to do so; "Ad maiorem Dei gloriam, quod orbis Terrarum," which means "For the Greater Glory of God, and the World." The idea is simple and good, it promotes all Religions, simply asking them to unite for the Greater Good of God, and the World. It is not a 'belief', it's being human; a pro-life idea that accepts current society, but with a view to fix it and keep it controlled. If we continue with all this indifference, we will surely die.

I needed to say that.

(If you see what the idea was now, if you could add it to the thread upon moving would be great)

To conclude, I am a member of the Society of Jesus, that's until the Society is no longer required.

Edited by 7th

I'm trying to bring science and religion together by using science as the key element, something I believed science may want to consider; for betterment of sciences as a whole and the world that we all live on. I'm not promoting Religion, I'm promoting society, or rather attempting to get my ideas out there on how to fix it. It needs fixing, denying that is stupid. As I said in the thread, I'm not Religious, I'm pro-life -- only influenced by the society that had the same ideas.

Edited by 7th

I'm trying to bring science and religion together by using science as the key element, something I believed science may want to consider; for betterment of sciences as a whole and the world that we all live on.

So far, in your first posts, all I've seen you do is sew discord and make broad assertions about things that have been discussed here many times. You assertions about homosexuality were not only simplistic but demonstrably wrong and would add nothing but yet more misinformation to a subject you obviously know nothing about. i suggest you search the forum for the proper threads to introduce subjects and look to see if those subjects have already been covered.

Again I'll say this is not the place to proselytize your religion, nor is it the place to criticize those of us who do not agree with your religion...

Being a homosexual myself (reformed), I think I do understand. The ideas of the society bring peace, and I know exactly what the message was. You haven't conducted any research, I have and it's through the mind you do it. I did make some good points in the original post which you haven't addressed, if you would address them and explain how they are "bad," maybe your understanding will become clearer. I presume that you didn't like the idea of homosexuality being colonized -- is that really smart thinking for humanity?

Edited by 7th

Being a homosexual myself (reformed), I think I do understand. The ideas of the society bring peace, and I know exactly what the message was. You haven't conducted any research, I have and it's through the mind you do it. I did make some good points in the original post which you haven't addressed, if you would address them and explain how they are "bad," maybe your understanding will become clearer. I presume that you didn't like the idea of homosexuality being colonized -- is that really smart thinking for humanity?

Reformed homosexual? What exactly does that mean? This is not as I have pointed out the place to discuss any of this, I suggest you read the rules and find the correct places to post your assertions.... You keep saying you are a Jesuit, are you a priest? BTW, you have no idea about what I have or have not done, trying to insult me or belittle me is not going to help your argument.

I am still homosexual and yes I feel attracted towards men, however I do not at any point make moves and I do my best to isolate myself from the outside world. Reformed being 'not-proud', knowing that I am sent to destroy the society I was placed into, and knowing this I'd rather take the good choice of preventing myself from doing so. I wish to one day have a family, children and a happy-home and through God I've managed to find a reason to do this, and will do it. On terms of bringing world-peace and saving nature, surely any scientist would place that high upon the scientific agenda. If you don't wish to discuss the initial post completely then I don't see how you can renounce it as being non-science related -- cause the fact is, it is. If any scientist denies that the 'life' of humanity is more valuable than venturing into space, then how can you call yourself a scientist? If there was a way to possibly bring world peace, why would it be prohibitted.

On terms of the original thread, it is classed as a Religion thread and there is a Religion section: I spent some time creating it and if it's not against the rules, which I don't believe it is, surely it would be fine to move it into the correct section. It's more science-related than most of the threads in there and it has good reason. Would it be immoral to do so, I don't think so. It may attract all-sorts of attention, from religious-folk and scientists that may agree that the way to peace is through unity between Religion and Science; renoucing the hassle of 'belief' and accepting that fact that we're human. Please would you calm down, at no point have I attempted to insult you. I am a member of the Society of Jesus, until that society is no longer required, and I only mean good.

Edited by 7th

I think what you are doing now is more disruptive to society than being a homosexual.

As for the religion section, it is secondary and for science-minded folks to discuss religion. You cannot post there until you demonstrate some scientific inclination, usually by making about 50 posts without getting yourself banned or restricted. By posting religiousish threads before this you are circumventing that rule. Go participate in a few science threads first.

I am still homosexual and yes I feel attracted towards men, however I do not at any point make moves and I do my best to isolate myself from the outside world. Reformed being 'not-proud', knowing that I am sent to destroy the society I was placed into, and knowing this I'd rather take the good choice of preventing myself from doing so. I wish to one day have a family, children and a happy-home and through God I've managed to find a reason to do this, and will do it. On terms of bringing world-peace and saving nature, surely any scientist would place that high upon the scientific agenda. If you don't wish to discuss the initial post completely then I don't see how you can renounce it as being non-science related -- cause the fact is, it is. If any scientist denies that the 'life' of humanity is more valuable than venturing into space, then how can you call yourself a scientist? If there was a way to possibly bring world peace, why would it be prohibitted.

I suggest you start a new thread in speculations and explain how homosexuality is destroying society.

On terms of the original thread, it is classed as a Religion thread and there is a Religion section: I spent some time creating it and if it's not against the rules, which I don't believe it is, surely it would be fine to move it into the correct section. It's more science-related than most of the threads in there and it has good reason. Would it be immoral to do so, I don't think so. It may attract all-sorts of attention, from religious-folk and scientists that may agree that the way to peace is through unity between Religion and Science; renoucing the hassle of 'belief' and accepting that fact that we're human. Please would you calm down, at no point have I attempted to insult you. I am a member of the Society of Jesus, until that society is no longer required, and I only mean good.

As Mr. skeptic explained you haven't been here long enough to post in the religion section... If you had read the rules you would have known that...

!

Moderator Note

There is nothing implicit in a thread closure that would invite one to reintroduce the topic elsewhere. We have a religion forum, and after you have met the threshold of participation for that area you may discuss appropriate topics there.