zetatalk.com

this is comedy:

"Just as electrons are not a single particle, but composed of some 387 particles, light is likewise not composed of a single particle, as hundreds of particles are involved in the phenomenon called light."

and this displays absolutely no knowledge of what red shift is:

This should be obvious to man, as light spreads into the colors of the rainbow, and as his scientists describe the behavior of red light as Red Shift, where no such behavior is ascribed to other colors in the light spectrum.

see what else you can find on this site, a treasuretrove of bollocks.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Radical Edward

"Just as electrons are not a single particle, but composed of some 387 particles, light is likewise not composed of a single particle, as hundreds of particles are involved in the phenomenon called light."

This is correct. I'm not sure if it's 387 smaller particles, but an e- is composed of smaller particles. Light is composed of packets of photons.

Of course I'm not saying they know what they're talking either, their statement about red shift sounds like something Adam would say.

Originally posted by fafalone

Electrons have mass and volume, therefore can be split.

One of the central ideas of the standard model of Quantum Mechanics is the electrons cannot be split. If you have proof otherwise, send it off to Nature at once!

Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri

One of the central ideas of the standard model of Quantum Mechanics is the electrons cannot be split. If you have proof otherwise, send it off to Nature at once!

shut up

Originally posted by fafalone

Saying that an object with mass and size cannot be divided is not logical in ANY field; mathematics or quantum mechanics.

It is if we postulate the assumption 'certain objects/quantities cannot be divided' for the logical rules set.

Or, say, 'only solutions of this equation are permitted values for n', where n is mass.

It would only effect the theories in it was a common natural state, not a state inducible only by vast improvments in particle accelerators to apply them.

I'm open to being proved wrong on this, but you'll have to show me some mathematical proof.