Is He Legitimate?

rigney

Right. Perhaps I can say this another way. I have no idea what you're talking about. Can you please elaborate?

Nothing conjectural. It's Just that as Americans we've been here even longer. I don't think we even considered ourselves as Americans at the time?

rigney; Don't take iNow too seriously, it's in his nature to sometimes just be obnoxious and this has been true for 5 years, that I know of. His six shooter has too many notches (kills/lost posters)to count and he is just looking for the next kill. Maybe some day I'll bring this back an old post of his, where he admits to enjoying that feeling...

"Playing word games", which he hates to hear, the Golden Goose by your definition should be either the Declaration of Independence (1776) or the writing of our Constitution and second US Government around 1790, 234 or 220 years ago. Nothing really happened in 1710, as the culture and traditions of this Country had been and continued to develop, under British Rule until 1776.

Additionally, was his comment on your son's pictures (value), but we do both owe him some thanks for explaining how the process works, not that I understand the process or frankly care. Your doing fine and I hope you'll continue to explain and voice your opinions of what life was in our day on a personal level.

I too am wondering about the goose that laid the golden egg, and I know the oldest print version of the story is about 300 years old. I know the story is suspected to be older than that, possibly brought by the Vikings. I'd welcome any further insight you might have about this, or an explanation of what in the world you're comparing to said goose.

This is frankly getting silly (word games), in my mind; In my early years, I recall my folks, grand folks, virtually every teacher in the early grades mentioning this fable and as explained then remains today...

Greed destroys the source of good.

Think before you act.

Those who want too much lose everything.

The moral of wanting more and losing everything is similar to that of another Aesop fable called The Dog and the Bone. In the English language, "Killing the golden goose" has become a metaphor for any short-sighted action that may bring an immediate reward, but will ultimately prove disastrous.[/Quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Goose_That_Laid_the_Golden_Eggs

The fable itself goes well back in time, this article the 5th Century but probably earlier, under some scenario/story/tale...

iNow, you knew darn well, what was meant and it was a general statement, to the forming of the American Culture and what it has given us. If you want to know, what size wire to use, while remodeling your garage, I'm sure he can give you the exact answers and how to accomplish it, or if you'll allow a few more weeks, respond appropriately to you comments. He has made some remarkable progress in forming post, in a rather short period, deserving of your approval, in my opinion.

As for that Golden Egg and adding to the thread, remember, the Constitution was in fact OUR (American), Golden Egg and has been attacked, tampered with many times, possibly it can't or won't be saved this time and the theme of many posters, pundits and politicians today, IF what's going on is not STOPPED. Anybody under 60, should be greatly concerned if not for themselves or family, for those that will follow them. A personal positive caveat, is that Golden Egg will survive and maybe this time turn back the clock before the "progressive movements" you seem so willing to embrace. It may take an unlikely Bush, one that speaks Spanish, an unlikely lady Governor from Alaska, an unlikely Congress Lady from Minnesota, some one unknown today, but what comes will hit and hit hard to what's been happening over the past 3 years.

rigney; Don't take iNow too seriously, it's in his nature to sometimes just be obnoxious and this has been true for 5 years, that I know of. His six shooter has too many notches (kills/lost posters)to count and he is just looking for the next kill. Maybe some day I'll bring this back an old post of his, where he admits to enjoying that feeling...

"Playing word games", which he hates to hear, the Golden Goose by your definition should be either the Declaration of Independence (1776) or the writing of our Constitution and second US Government around 1790, 234 or 220 years ago. Nothing really happened in 1710, as the culture and traditions of this Country had been and continued to develop, under British Rule until 1776.

Additionally, was his comment on your son's pictures (value), but we do both owe him some thanks for explaining how the process works, not that I understand the process or frankly care. Your doing fine and I hope you'll continue to explain and voice your opinions of what life was in our day on a personal level.

Probably what I should have said was: European "Immigrants" have undoubtedly been in this country since Jamestown was first settled in 1607, or there abouts. I emphasized immigrants only to mean that these people came here with the express intent of creating permanancy. I suppose you might go so far as to even call them illegals? Since I didn't want to go into the semantics of who shot John, as far as discovery, I shied away from trying to state facts which are fuzzy at best. The Golden Goose thing should have proably been referred to as "cornucopia". Rip a gooses ass out and he's dead. We've been ripping this country apart now a little over four hundred and are perhaps on the verge of getting the Job done. And Now? He ain't bad, just young, bright and ornery. thanks 33.

Speculations about my kill shots and hunting skills aside, I still have no idea what rigney is talking about and would welcome clarification.

Just a metaphor Now.You Skeptic and I all know it. And not being too well instructed in your vernacular, I just keep mine under my pillow.

Edited by rigney

In my opinion the idea idea that our country is on the verge of collapse, and soon the federal government will either cease to exist or become a dictatorship is a complete and utter fallacy. This fallacy runs similarly to the ones about the moral and intellectual decline of society. Each generation has those who will stand and shout about these, but they are always wrong and life continues on.

The Constitution will not be destroy, will not be trashed, and has not been weakened. The Constitution was written in such away to allow it to whether storms and withstand the tests of time. If you feel that the Constitution and the Union are in danger know, you surely should look back at history. For there are numerous times throughout history, were we were in much dyer conditions. Just a couple of quick examples on some of the storms the Constitution has weather:

• 10 foreign wars.
  • 2 wars on our soil. This includes the War of 1812 were our capital was captured and destroyed. As well as the Civil War where the battle over the Constitution's ideas were decided.
  • The succession of 11 states.
  • Numerous depressions, recessions, bank runs, and financial reforms.
  • Threatened succession of states over tariff policies.

In my opinion to think that our problems are any worse than those before us shows either a lack of historical perspective or a major feeling of self-pity.

In my opinion the idea idea that our country is on the verge of collapse, and soon the federal government will either cease to exist or become a dictatorship is a complete and utter fallacy. This fallacy runs similarly to the ones about the moral and intellectual decline of society. Each generation has those who will stand and shout about these, but they are always wrong and life continues on.

-- Some Roman, just before the birth of Julius Caesar, 101 B.C.

Just kidding, but I do think your faith in a written word is at least a bit misplaced:

The Constitution was written in such away to allow it to whether storms and withstand the tests of time.

IMO the Constitution is not the reason why we continue to have a country after so long. The Constitution is the motivation for the people who do the real work that form the actual reason why we continue to have a country after so long. If there's one thing we should have learned from the past 40-odd years of gradually increasing political discord, it's that there is no such thing as a written word that cannot be subverted, undermined, diverted or simply walked-around by a sufficiently intelligent and motivated lawyer and/or lawmaker.

I don't believe we're in imminent danger of fall either, but I don't think that it's any sort of written or objective process that keeps it going, either. Ultimately it's the will of the people and the willingness of good people to do what's right that does it.

My two bits, anyway. Your mileage may vary. :)

This is frankly getting silly (word games), in my mind;

<...>

iNow, you knew darn well, what was meant and it was a general statement

Sorry. No, I didn't, and that's why I asked.

DjBruce says:

In my opinion to think that our problems are any worse than those before us shows either a lack of historical perspective or a major feeling of self-pity.

Your opinion is just like mine or anyone else Dj, only a single opinion. Fortunately, I have a rather long history that I sometimes would like to cloud over a bit so that my opinion didn't seem so decisive as to get me in trouble. Someone once made a statement to the effect that; "If we fail to understand and correct our mistakes of the past, we are doomed to repeat them". Now don't quote me on that, it isn't verbatim. I look back through our history and see few things that didn't turn out for the better after some sort of a struggle or another. Back grounds and ideas of politicians should always be changing in some respect. Like water that does not run freely, Government also tends to stagnate. It isn't whether democrats, republicans or some othe party is in control, it's what they do with the control. This new administration has mave made some dramatic changes that I'm not exactly keen on. Are they good or bad? I don't know and we can only wait to find out. Self-pity and historical perspective? If you are literate, can read and haven't a descent perspective on our history, then I do pity you. Self-pity in any form, sucks.

Edited by rigney