H0w d0 i learn?

monster

I have no knowledge what-so-ever of Science.

I have wasted my life dreaming.

I need to change this, but where do I begin?

I want to develop a good general grasp of Chemistry and Physics.

I'd like to reach a point where I can contribute intelligently to the discussions on this forum.

I am seeking to improve my own self, through knowledge.

I would very much enjoy if you could advise me on where to begin on this journey... (Namely which books I should read, which documentaries/videos/lectures I should download or watch).

Thank you :)

• 3 weeks later...

Excelent initiative!

If you have previous knowledge on Sciences such as Physics, Chemistry, Math, Biology, etc. you can start reviewing books of your current level. I mean, really studying, getting to understand what's been said. And whenever a doubt comes up, you can post it here so we can help you.

After learning new topics, I usually write about what I learned and compare to what's in the books to check what I misunderstood or unfortunately forgot. Hope it serves as a good tip.

If you have NO previous knowledge, so you can start from secondary level books and keep improving it. It's always amazing to learn. Like climbing a mountain, appears to be impossible but when you reach the top you'll just laugh and find out you simply didn't reach the top yet.

Good luck in your journey! :P