What should be the acceleration when a object is pushed by hand ?

Zirok

hI

Thanks for the REPLY.

The weight of slider is hardly 1.0 to 1.5 kg. It is pushed against a spring (dia 14mm & 28mm length).

The stroke of the slider is only 10mm.

Thanks

Zirok

Hi

Thanks for the reply

A slider ( weighing 1 to 1.5 kg ) slides into a box type opening against a spring. The slider is pushed upto 10 mm only against the spring by hand feed.

Now, i am concerned for the Force harnessed by the mechanism for a distance of 1 mm.

As Force = Mass * Acceleration ( & we need to calculate acceleration to calculate the force )

After calculating the Force for 1 mm, i will multiply the force by 10mm(the stroke) so i will be able to calculate the correct force exerted on the spring.

I am in the stage of designing the SPRING.

Zirok

I hope rest is clear.

Hi

Thanks for the reply

A slider ( weighing 1 to 1.5 kg ) slides into a box type opening against a spring. The slider is pushed upto 10 mm only against the spring by hand feed.

Now, i am concerned for the Force harnessed by the mechanism for a distance of 1 mm.

As Force = Mass * Acceleration ( & we need to calculate acceleration to calculate the force )

After calculating the Force for 1 mm, i will multiply the force by 10mm(the stroke) so i will be able to calculate the correct force exerted on the spring.

I am in the stage of designing the SPRING.

Zirok

I hope rest is clear.

horizontal loading? assume no friction?

Easy to calculate assuming an ideal spring:

assume box is fixed? assume spring has no mass? assume Hookes law (force is proportional to displacement)? assume spring has no damping?

Easy to calculate assuming an ideal spring. Whatever answer you get, the acceleration should be less than that, but close if all the assumptions are reasonably close.

necessary data

1 mass of object

2 fraction between mass and floor

3 how much time the force will be applied

4 the diagram of force-time or probability density of that diagram( to find mean value and standard deviation) but for more precise solution the diagram would be good.

5 G

6 the angle between the force vector and object

7 the cohesion between hand and object

8 the air pressure of environment also shape of object to calculate the boundary conditions of air.

9 the place of the experiment to calculate the centrifugal effect of earth.

bla

bla

bla

in conclusion you cant know the exact acceleration unless you have an enormous data. i can only tell you the possibilities.