DreamLord and Cap'n Website Talk

Fellowes

Hey Sayo, I was looking through your link late last night and playing around with some of the html tutorial. One thing I couldn't find: the frames don't seem to work for me. How do I use them? I know the tags and stuff, but I don't know how to specify what goes in which frame.

Frames are also a pain to navigate since browsers deal differently with them. There are numerous disadvantages to using them. You can create a pretty similar effect using CSS anyway, by having a static sidebar on the left (or wherever) without having to use them. Looks nicer too.

Ok. I have encountered a problem with just a test site. I donwloaded a skin for a website and am using http://www.freeservers.com as my free web host. Now, I used TheFreeHTMLEditor and it can't connect to the server to upload my site. Should I try a different program and try the ftp there or how the !@#$ can I get my site uploaded?

Freeservers looks like it sucks tbh. If you want to really do a website properly, you're going to need to pay a little bit for the right services. I believe Sayo has a reseller account with someone and says they're quite good, dunno who though.

I've just gone and signed up for a reseller account (the cheapest one) myself, because I need some decent hosting, so I'll let you all know if I have any problems. However, so far, it's taken me about 5 minutes to sign up and get the invoices paid and a domain registered, so I'm fairly impressed.