maintaining caloric intake

is it possible to go through out the whole day slowly drinking in your caloric intake and getting all of the nutrients you need?

I was thinking about making a powder of some sort that is low in everything, added to water, and you mix a amount that is proportional to what you would be eating in that particular time of the day.

eventually by the end of the day you could consume the right amount of nutrition to maintain your caloric needs, and by constantly consuming the low everything powder (mixed in water) it could maintain a high metabolism.

would such a thing be healthy?

Edited by Zolar V

its possible(after all, if you're severely ill in hospital they can keep you fuelled up on an IV drip), but its not going to be all that comfortable or that ideal.

and you'll feel hungry ALL the time.

you could live, but it wouldn't be that enjoyable

There's no reason you can't have fibers in the powder.

that's what i'm thinking. just a simple powder that contains everything your body needs, and you just mix it with water.

EG. you need 25 grams of the powder to maintain a full day's caloric intake, so you mix your 25 grams to 6 or 9 liters of water, and just drink it all day.

its possible(after all' date=' if you're severely ill in hospital they can keep you fueled up on an IV drip), but its not going to be all that comfortable or that ideal.

and you'll feel hungry ALL the time.

you could live, but it wouldn't be that enjoyable

[/quote']

IF you have ever eaten at a military chow hall you would seriously consider the term "enjoyable" in reference to the chow halls so called food, and this powder i am describing

is it possible to go through out the whole day slowly drinking in your caloric intake and getting all of the nutrients you need?

I was thinking about making a powder of some sort that is low in everything, added to water, and you mix a amount that is proportional to what you would be eating in that particular time of the day.

eventually by the end of the day you could consume the right amount of nutrition to maintain your caloric needs, and by constantly consuming the low everything powder (mixed in water) it could maintain a high metabolism.

would such a thing be healthy?

You could do it.

You'll have the undying sensation to chew something, though.

I tried, once, to stay on one of those liquid diets with just the right amount of calories, vitamins and fiber to keep me healthy, it came in lots of really great flavors and tasted really good, I gagged at the sight of it with in two weeks.

i hate the food here, and im trying to loose/ maintain a weight.

Also if you could have such a powder then you can also mix it your own way to provide extra stuff to what you need. For instance if your doing more muscle building and a little more protein to the powered. if you are having bad craps then add some more fiber.. and so on.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
I tried, once, to stay on one of those liquid diets with just the right amount of calories, vitamins and fiber to keep me healthy, it came in lots of really great flavors and tasted really good, I gagged at the sight of it with in two weeks.

I wouldn't call this a liquid diet, though i suppose it is.

What i am trying to do here is mix my bodies constant need for water with smaller meals, ie instead of eating 8 meals a day that consist of 1/5 of whatever, drink constantly where the meal content is even smaller.

they say your metabolism increases with eating food, and they say that eating smaller meals more often is healthier. so why not take it to the extreme? why not eat constantly and drink constantly.