Wikipedia

most of the stuff in wikipedia are written by pple who dont know what the hell they on about. its quite enjoyable read though

I find it to be reasonably reliable, although as its community written it's not a definitive source.

Search for calculus help there are some flash animations with a guy talking you through it, very good ones. I would give a thumb up sign now if i knew how without 'going advanced'...........

[insert witty comment about problems with physical borders]

I would have to agree with him on the library issue. If you want anything up to date it’s the wrong place to look.

Or if you want anything obscure theres no possible way its going to be in your little library.

u can't judge all libraries by your experience with one. anyway go to borders. do you have any problem with borders?

Well, ive been to about 5 or 6 libraries in my area and they all have the same crap. I could go to Borders, but i dont have $100 bucks to spend on a book. And they probably wouldnt have anything for educational purposes. Probably a lot of Hubble Telescope picture books.

Lucky you. I'd request that you be less patronising in future, because people will only laugh when you're wrong.

Back on topic, I think your best bet is to google for the type of thing that you're interested in, there's lots of useful resources around.

Well, ive been to about 5 or 6 libraries in my area and they all have the same crap. I could go to Borders, but i dont have $100 bucks to spend on a book. And they probably wouldnt have anything for educational purposes. Probably a lot of Hubble Telescope picture books.

I don't particularly like their magazine, but this site is very good when it comes to buying quality books. I've now been a member for over a year and the books that they cary are quite good. Plus you get that introductory offer of buying the 1st 3 books at 1.99 each, ofcourse you don't get to see their Best selections 'till you're actually a member. :D

The catch is the same if you've ever seen or been a member of those DVD or CD selling companies, where you buy these 3 books for 9 bucks(by the way, both Greene's books are there and can be had for 1.99 each), you'll need to buy 3 more books in the next 2 years at a regular Members price. That price is in itself a lot cheaper than Barnes and Noble. I despise Borders, by the way.

http://www.sciambookclub.com/doc/club_url/club_url.jhtml;jsessionid=WZNN35YNGJTWMCTI4ENCFGA?_requestid=48747

most of the stuff in wikipedia are written by pple who dont know what the hell they on about. its quite enjoyable read though

Umm, no, thats not true. I am reading at this very moment stuff on electromagnetism, and it gets into very advanced stuff, such that I sometimes have to look elsewhere for a simpler explanation.

I doubt that the entries on electromagnetism would qualify as "most" in that sentence you quoted.

I find it to be variable quality, but 1,000,000 times better than dictionary.com or anything by Websters.

I doubt that the entries on electromagnetism would qualify as "most" in that sentence you quoted.

Thats true, of course. But I use the random page feature every day, and the articles are usually quite good. The information is almost always accurate, the problems arise when an article is too short, or not written particularly well. But almost all the articles link to offsite pages as well.

So basically, over 95% of wikipedia that I have read has been written by people who know what they are talking about.

I don't particularly like their magazine' date=' but this site is very good when it comes to buying quality books. I've now been a member for over a year and the books that they cary are quite good. Plus you get that introductory offer of buying the 1st 3 books at 1.99 each, ofcourse you don't get to see their Best selections 'till you're actually a member. :D

The catch is the same if you've ever seen or been a member of those DVD or CD selling companies, where you buy these 3 books for 9 bucks(by the way, both Greene's books are there and can be had for 1.99 each), you'll need to buy 3 more books in the next 2 years at a regular [b']Members[/b] price. That price is in itself a lot cheaper than Barnes and Noble. I despise Borders, by the way.

http://www.sciambookclub.com/doc/club_url/club_url.jhtml;jsessionid=WZNN35YNGJTWMCTI4ENCFGA?_requestid=48747

Im actually a member of SciAm book club. I just wish i had more money to spend, cause they do have a lot of books that i want. What would be great is if there was a place i could buy high school and college text books. Then i would save up my money. Does anyone know how i could get some textbooks, without having a college ID card.