Science comes from aliens

ydoaPs

hmm...logic is kinda...well totally different than fact. Not to say that its not true, but just because its logical doesnt mean that its true. In any case, I dont think that homosapiens existed that long ago, and even if they did, they had to communications to us today. The only records of dragons come from thousands, or hundreds of years ago, and IF they were real, dont you think the UK would kinda be full of dragon fossils? :)

lol, still, dont you think that we would have uncovered a fossil looking similar to any of the descriptions of a dragon? Large scaly body, long powerful tail, smaller pointed, reptilian like head with many horns, and huge powerful wings? I havnt seen any fossils like that.

the methods used to date are innaccurate. a LIVE mullusk was carbon dated and found to be dead for a few hundred thousand years.

Erm... really? Which part of it? Because the shell is kind of dead already. And it depends on what it eats, etc. Carbon dating is accurate on things like wood or charcoal that have plenty of carbon in them already.

In fact:

http://www.don-lindsay-archive.org/creation/carbon.html

how is that any less logical than aliens giving us science.

Because of the highly convincing evidence.

there are well documented cases of the royal navy encountering sea monsters, what do you think those are.

It doesn't matter what they are, what matters is that (assuming they are uncatalogued life, which is quite possible) they are only as close to being dinosaurs as sharks are.

the methods used to date are innaccurate. a LIVE mullusk was carbon dated and found to be dead for a few hundred thousand years.

That particular load of bollocks usually involves a penguin rather than a mollusc.

• 2 weeks later...
We seem to yearn for beings more powerful than ourselves. I guess to explain all the random crap we cannot control.

The only problem with that, if we did verify the existance of some great and ancient alien civilization that kick started life on earth, is where did they come from? Who started them?

As to the dino thing, well, I suppose it could be possible a few sea bound creatures could have survived, and perhaps, moved onto land. Crocodiles have been around since the dinosaur ages, is it not, even in the slightest, possible to think a dino species or two managed to live?

Perhaps these creatures evolved into land creatures. Maybe these stories come from the sightings of large creatures who may have died off by now.

Either way, I'd say if we all focus on the future, and accept the fact that we are here, and probably will never be able to define our origins exactly, humanity and life in general would be much better off. Lets try to get the dino's record for longest lasting life.