physics and Logic

triclino

I am sorry i should have been more clear .

By Aristotelian logic ,i mean the two value logic i.e true or false.

So the problem becomes a problem ,of whether we have results in physics with a value more than two ( true or false ),or not.

• 1 month later...

Empiricism in general is about justification, not "truth." So really, there is no part of physics where Aristotelean logic applies. I'm pretty sure continuous mathematics can't be represented with Aristotelean logic, either, and obviously physics employs calculus.

Disclaimer: I only vaguely remember studying logic.

And using denary you can only arrive at 13 using 1's and 3's, our number base is arbitary, it just happens humans like 10's probably due to having 10 digits.

Sure it's arbitrary as it doesn't appear to really matter what we call it so long as there are two (e.g. light-dark, positive-negative, electric-magnetic, 1-0, etc...) The main idea is that 2 is a minimum number or quantity. Possibly the minimum number for any real thing which exists.

jup010129.jpg&userid=1&username=admin&resolution=4&servertype=JVA&cid=14&iid=NVA2&vcid=NA&usergroup=NASA_Jet_Propulsion_Laboratory_Collection-14-Admin&profileid=66

Empiricism in general is about justification, not "truth." So really, there is no part of physics where Aristotelean logic applies. I'm pretty sure continuous mathematics can't be represented with Aristotelean logic, either, and obviously physics employs calculus.

Disclaimer: I only vaguely remember studying logic.

The axiom of infinity and then the axiom of the power set applied to the set of natural numbers generated by the axiom of infinity acquires the cardinality of continuity.

So, Aristotelean logic is insufficient to generate the real numbers.