Technologically/Intellectually Superior Aliens: "Unpleasant Visits"?

tristan

Yeah, I expected that...

Now, if you had stories from every continent of egg hiding earth goddesses, I'd believe the story 'might' have some validity.

Easter is celebrated on every continent, including, I believe, Antarctica.

While It's impossible to know for sure Kings idea is not as silly as easter eggs. Aliens if they exist almost certainly come from another star (this ignores the idea of inter dimensional travel or time travel) if aliens interacted with humans and caused some of our notions about gods, demons, fairies, or other beings, then the question becomes where did they come from and why do they have anything to do with us at all?

I'll enter this hypothesis, Aliens are here in our solar system, they have been here for thousands if not millions of years. we can make some suggestions about them, if they exist.

They came here by slow boat technology, no FTL star ships, if they can do that there is no reason for them to be here or interact with us to begin with.

They do not colonize planets or at least our planet for what ever reasons but they do use the resources in our solar system.

They inhabit artificial habitats they build using the resources in our solar system.

The reason they do study us and manipulate us on occasion is because they are concerned about our progress and how that might effect them.

This explains lots of things that other wise have no explanation.

UFOs, if alien space ships do visit the Earth the main reason often asked is why? Why travel light years to pick up some redneck on a back road and do an anal probe on him or her?

It would make no possible sense if they had to travel light years to visit the earth (unless star travel is even easier than on Star trek, lol) If star travel is even a fraction as hard as we think it is then there is not reason for UFOs to visit us. I know most everyone things UFOs are totally bullshit lights in the sky crap but not all are, some are really inexplicable even with a huge amount of data. Not all are he said she said type events.

This could also explain some historical things that suggest UFOs as real, everything from cave painting to medieval art depicting UFOs. Some of that stuff is really difficult to explain.

Some religious writings, as King suggested, do suggest some contact with unusual beings. The real question has always been why. Why would aliens, even from the nearest star, come here and seemingly do nothing but **** with our heads?

If they are inhabitants of our solar system and not particularly comfortable with wiping us out (as we might think really advanced beings would not be) and have no real interest in our planet they might study us because they suspect that eventually we will be out in space and avoiding us will become increasingly harder to do.

They can easily avoid us detecting their transmissions by using many technologies even we use.

So the question is, if the evidence of aliens is real then why, and the why is they are here but colonizing the asteroids or other small bodies in our solar system by building their own artificial colonies. And their interest is us is their own self interest.

If the evidence of aliens is real the only other possible explanation is the Earth has unbeknown to us spawned another civilization in the distant past and they are still here in colonies around the solar system.

I know, lots of ifs and assumes but it is a place to start.

Ok, I stuck my neck out, now chop it off....

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Easter is celebrated on every continent, including, I believe, Antarctica.

Yes but the culture that originated it has spread it around, it was at one time an isolated school of thought.

Which is more likely: Thor is the commander of the Asgard Fleet or that lightning is a well-understood natural phenomena?

Which is more likely, that everyone on Earth had a global communication network, so that everyone was able to share their similar creation stories and those about the flying sky people...?

That people around the world were actually witnessing and recording similar events...?

OR

That everyone decided to record the same 'lie', without any connection between them...?

---

Here's a better game.

Which is more likely, that ALL religions are based on the same single lie, that "God exists in Heaven(s)."

OR

That we've just misinterpreted what "God" truly is?

Edited by King, North TX

Which is more likely, that everyone on Earth had a global communication network, so that everyone was able to share their similar creation stories and those about the flying sky people...?

That people a round the world were actually witnessing and recording similar events...?

OR

That everyone decided to record the same 'lie', without any connection between them...?

---

Here's a better game.

Which is more likely, that ALL religions are based on the same single lie, that "God exists in Heaven(s)."

OR

How about that these creation stories aren't THAT similar and the ways in which they ARE are not very hard to imagine independantly.

That people a round the world were actually witnessing and recording similar events...?

OR

---

Here's a better game.

OR

Any way you look at it there is better evidence than creation myths.

http://dudeman.net/siriusly/ufo/art.html

While It's impossible to know for sure Kings idea is not as silly as easter eggs. Aliens if they exist almost certainly come from another star (this ignores the idea of inter dimensional travel or time travel) if aliens interacted with humans and caused some of our notions about gods, demons, fairies, or other beings, then the question becomes where did they come from and why do they have anything to do with us at all?

I'll enter this hypothesis, Aliens are here in our solar system, they have been here for thousands if not millions of years. we can make some suggestions about them, if they exist.

They came here by slow boat technology, no FTL star ships, if they can do that there is no reason for them to be here or interact with us to begin with.

They do not colonize planets or at least our planet for what ever reasons but they do use the resources in our solar system.

They inhabit artificial habitats they build using the resources in our solar system.

The reason they do study us and manipulate us on occasion is because they are concerned about our progress and how that might effect them.

This explains lots of things that other wise have no explanation.

UFOs, if alien space ships do visit the Earth the main reason often asked is why? Why travel light years to pick up some redneck on a back road and do an anal probe on him or her?

It would make no possible sense if they had to travel light years to visit the earth (unless star travel is even easier than on Star trek, lol) If star travel is even a fraction as hard as we think it is then there is not reason for UFOs to visit us. I know most everyone things UFOs are totally bullshit lights in the sky crap but not all are, some are really inexplicable even with a huge amount of data. Not all are he said she said type events.

This could also explain some historical things that suggest UFOs as real, everything from cave painting to medieval art depicting UFOs. Some of that stuff is really difficult to explain.

Some religious writings, as King suggested, do suggest some contact with unusual beings. The real question has always been why. Why would aliens, even from the nearest star, come here and seemingly do nothing but **** with our heads?

If they are inhabitants of our solar system and not particularly comfortable with wiping us out (as we might think really advanced beings would not be) and have no real interest in our planet they might study us because they suspect that eventually we will be out in space and avoiding us will become increasingly harder to do.

They can easily avoid us detecting their transmissions by using many technologies even we use.

So the question is, if the evidence of aliens is real then why, and the why is they are here but colonizing the asteroids or other small bodies in our solar system by building their own artificial colonies. And their interest is us is their own self interest.

If the evidence of aliens is real the only other possible explanation is the Earth has unbeknown to us spawned another civilization in the distant past and they are still here in colonies around the solar system.

I know, lots of ifs and assumes but it is a place to start.

Ok, I stuck my neck out, now chop it off....

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Yes but the culture that originated it has spread it around, it was at one time an isolated school of thought.

That's crazy talk, with all your reasonable stances, and less than outlandish conclusions. :P

Personally, I think we were 'planted' here, as some sort of hybrid possibly a combo of what was here and them, and that they've been studying us and potentially bumping our development along the way.

Just like our scientists observe, tag, and release lower species...the evidence suggests the same thing is happening to us.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
How about that these creation stories aren't THAT similar and the ways in which they ARE are not very hard to imagine independantly.

Two points, first what percentage of creation stories contain NO similarities to other creation stories? Second, there ARE some dis-similarities, so maybe we had more than 'one' creator...

>:D

Edited by King, North TX
Consecutive posts merged.

Well there are some fairly universal things. Mankind has always wanted to fly. There have always been UFO's (obviously). Mankind has always believed in entities more powerful than men. It's not much of a stretch to go to flying, powerful, supernatural humanoids. And they don't even need to exist for that.

Well there are some fairly universal things. Mankind has always wanted to fly. There have always been UFO's (obviously). Mankind has always believed in entities more powerful than men. It's not much of a stretch to go to flying, powerful, supernatural humanoids. And they don't even need to exist for that.

If the medieval art showed men with wings I'd say you have a good point but the depictions would seem to show advanced technology where none should have existed. Why would these people think of flying saucers or other depictions of what looks much like technology?

So, upon what basis do you dismiss the humanoid containing 'craft'/flaming chariot similarities between all these pieces of media spread across our historical record...even unto our present digital media...youtube "U.F.O."...

Clearly, something better than us IS up there, 'if' we are to believe our own history.

Ah, sigh, paraedolia and psychological biases are fun. We can reinterpret weird images however we want when we look and don't know their context.

For example, I looked at a few of the images from the site you gave, purposefully not reading the descriptions (so I don't get 'biased' into what THEY see), and wrote down what came to my mind first. Then, I read their descriptions after I already looked. Needless to say, our opinions differ. Not just that, but if you go at those pictures unbiased (not *intending* to find UFOs, but intending to find artistic depictions of events in life/society/religion) then the myths the site is promoting sound... uhm.. well quite incredibly silly, honestly.

Here are a few examples:

crash.jpg

My immediate thought: A bunch of people carrying a large rock or pile of dirt. Seems quite reasonable that they do that for construction.

(original link: http://www.ufoartwork.com/slideshow_start.php?p=ufoartwork_bc )

ovni4.jpg

ovni5.jpg

If you look at the zoom-out picture, the animals aren't all standing in a single line (they're not all horizontal). This can VERY well be a dead animal, it looks like some large cat/hyena that was killed by arrows. Tilt your head and it doesn't look weird anymore.

Also, the "saucer objects" are *not* unique. Look at the other part of the picture, specifically the top right corner (OMG! More saucers!) and the top left corner (It's a round saucer! run!). They seem to be objects either decorating or describing the events and can mean a whole bunch of things other than flying saucers.

No reason to jump to insanely unlikely conclusions.

Then, there are things like this:

boek2.jpg

Which are admittedly REPRODUCTIONS of relief artwork. I find that extremely unlikely, and would like to see the original. It seems quite odd to me that while they have tons of 'originals' they will have no original picture of one of the most OBVIOUS ufo picture.

(the description for this is the second page in the slideshow here http://www.ufoartwork.com/slideshow_start.php?p=ufoartwork_bc )

If nothing else, these do a GREAT job getting our brain even more biased when we look at the other pictures which, quite very likely, have nothing to do with UFO, space, or aliens at all.

Another point I always get a kick out of -- even if aliens do come to Earth, the odds that they use a saucer-shaped craft are ridiculously low. There's no reason to use that in space travel and it has absolutely no advantage when traveling great distances in space or when landing on a planet with atmosphere. It's what we saw as humans in the 1940s, it's not very likely that aliens would follow our rather weird engineering concepts.

~moo

It's an exercise in futility. We could even predict what kind of animals might live on the ocean floor and we're trying to predict what kind of Aliens may or may not live in ecosystems we have no data on?

This is pointless.

Mooeypoo, seriously, you picked the absolutely least convincing pics out of all those pics. You have done what most skeptics do, they cherry pick the data to show the least convincing reports and ignore or gloss over the really convincing stuff.

Much like the people who say all UFO reports and or pics are either nothing but lights in the sky or so good they have to be fake. There is no way to win!

At the very least the images of a saucer or hat shaped objects is either the product of some sort of imagery the human mind makes up across both time and culture or it represents some real objects common to all those times and cultures. It is amazing how those hat shaped objects show up in art from cave drawings to medieval art as well but the hat shaped objects are not even close to being the most convincing objects of antiquity.

You ignored the medieval art work that clearly shows some sort of technology, the cave painting are images on top of images, it's difficult to say for sure which images are connected with others or clearly different images painted over others.

The images you chose to show are among the least impressive and clearly could be almost anything. others how ever are not so easily shunted away into the category of seeing what you want to see.

try these

The Madonna with Saint Giovannino

The Crucifixion

Glorification of the Eucharist

from this link

They may indeed be some sort of coincidence but I don't see how they can be dismissed completely, especially "The Madonna with Saint Giovannino"

It's an exercise in futility. We could even predict what kind of animals might live on the ocean floor and we're trying to predict what kind of Aliens may or may not live in ecosystems we have no data on?

This is pointless.

Not pointless, it is indeed speculation but not pointless, no one is trying to predict the type of aliens we are trying to form a hypothesis that explains why they would be here.

My hypothesis is if and I know it's a big IF but if aliens are here how and why are they messing with us? If they come directly from even the nearest star it would seem ridiculous that they just land and pick up some one on a dark country road and do an anal probe or in the past mess with us in a way that inspires religion but they never take over or really do anything.

Even 4.5 light years is along way to come to do something so obtuse or obscure. i think that if they are here they are colonizing the solar system via artificial habitats build from the resources available here. they have been here for thousands of years at least and have no use for planets and their concern with us is the idea that we might eventually come out into space as they have and then they will be forced to interact with us. so they study us, to see if they can manipulate us and how to best interact with us.

Maybe religion is the way they hope to control us at some point and the religious teaching they have handed down are so they can at some point claim to the the legions of god to keep us under control. possibly their own morals prohibit them actually killing us all so this is a better way to control us.

This is more reasonable than the idea they would just take over the Earth from us. It's unlikely the Earth would be usable to them for the reasons already given in this thread.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Dragons are in cultures all over the globe. Does that mean they're real too?

Actually no, dragons are the result of evidence available to nearly all cultures of antiquity (huge bones) and the way the human minds works in all cultures to make similar imaginary symbols

(this also happens to be my favorite theory of why all cultures have all seen objects/gods/angels/demons in the sky but not part of this thread)

You'd think that if there actually were any oversized reptiles, there'd be some evidence -- bones, perhaps.

Indeed. Probably used by humans as tools or discarded in trash heaps. I wonder if we've found any dragon bones.

Actually no, dragons are the result of evidence available to nearly all cultures of antiquity (huge bones) and the way the human minds works in all cultures to make similar imaginary symbols

Yet non-understood lights in the sky along with a neurological tendency to anthropomorphize things isn't 'evidence available to nearly all cultures of antiquity'?

What about stories and artwork all over the globe of humans interacting with dragons? It's widespread culturally, so it HAS to be true!

Indeed. Probably used by humans as tools or discarded in trash heaps. I wonder if we've found any dragon bones.

Yet non-understood lights in the sky along with a neurological tendency to anthropomorphize things isn't 'evidence available to nearly all cultures of antiquity'?

What about stories and artwork all over the globe of humans interacting with dragons? It's widespread culturally, so it HAS to be true!

While i tend to believe the cultural aspect of UFOs is a more likely explanation, the depiction of what is obviously technology is odd. World wide the depiction of dragons differs drastically but it is always based in part on the portrayal of living animals, usually highly stylized snakes or lizards but how do you explain the portrayal of advanced technology and often identical images?

BTW yodaP "lights in the sky" is a low blow, skeptics often use this to ridicule the idea of UFOs even though many sighting are far more than just lights in the sky. If all UFOs were just lights in the sky then there would be no question they are alien space craft or not. I think it's wrong to portray UFOs as though they are ridiculous, they might be hallucinations or even hoaxes but they are not simply lights in the sky by any realistic definition.

While i tend to believe the cultural aspect of UFOs is a more likely explanation, the depiction of what is obviously technology is odd. World wide the depiction of dragons differs drastically but it is always based in part on the portrayal of living animals, usually highly stylized snakes or lizards but how do you explain the portrayal of advanced technology and often identical images?

What technology? I didn't see any in those photos(aside from chariots, etc).

Then you didn't bother to look at the pictures, the most suggestive of technology is

The Madonna with Saint Giovannino

Many others are also suggestive of technology

I don't see any technology in that photo. How about you post images(using [/img] tags) that you think show technology. There's nothing, imo, on that page that is outside the realm of imagination of Medieval man.

I don't see any technology in that photo. How about you post images(using img] tags) that you think show technology. There

So the object floating in the sky behind the maddona looks like a natural object to you?

(mostly because i'm not sure how to use the ' alt='>(mostly because i'm not sure how to use the '> thingy)

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Hows this?

picture.php?albumid=119&pictureid=967

BTW yodaP "lights in the sky" is a low blow, skeptics often use this to ridicule the idea of UFOs even though many sighting are far more than just lights in the sky. If all UFOs were just lights in the sky then there would be no question they are alien space craft or not. I think it's wrong to portray UFOs as though they are ridiculous, they might be hallucinations or even hoaxes but they are not simply lights in the sky by any realistic definition.

Oh? You have pieces of a UFO?

So the object floating in the sky behind the maddona looks like a natural object to you?
It's a dark blur with highlighted edges. It could be any number of things. It could be an asteroid. It could be a representation of God(similar to that used on SMBC). I'm not an expert on Renaissance art, but I don't see any reason to suspect it's an alien craft.

(mostly because i'm not sure how to use the thingy)

Grab the link to the pic(view picture) and encapsulate it in the [/img] tags.

Oh? You have pieces of a UFO?

It's a dark blur with highlighted edges. It could be any number of things. It could be an asteroid. It could be a representation of God(similar to that used on SMBC). I'm not an expert on Renaissance art, but I don't see any reason to suspect it's an alien craft.

Asteroid? Seriously dude, that would be as wild as an alien space craft since they had no concept of asteroid when that was painted. that picture when blown up looks like a craft of some sort to me, i can't see it as anything else, I'd admit it might be a stylized idea of a boat of some kind but to say it doesn't show a craft of some sort is really out there. And if it is a simple boat why is it in the sky?

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

I don't get the option of view picture when I right click on it, i have to down load it to my computer then to this site and then get the pic to put it in the thread.