Who is controlling who???

walkntune

Who is really controlling who?

We are always finding ways of controlling energy through scientific technology to make life easier,communication unlimited,get to our destinations faster etc. As this technology increases so does our pace of life!

I am really curious as to how we know who is in control. We use energy through material objects to control it , manipulate and come out with a desired effect but what (energy force) is driving us to do this!

Is it possible that energy has a natural course to travel the path with least resistance so wanting to travel in and out of form as easily as possible , knowledge evolves as energy tries to make its way?

Can everything fall up under a law of nature instead of a law of logic?

You ask me to describe energy in definition and all I can say is anything you possible can observe is energy in it's state of least resistance in that particular instance!

Is it possible that all of the complexities we know of in life with all of it's laws of logic can fall under such a law of nature as the beauty of simplicity?

Could this be the God of Einstein or actually the God of Spinoza?

Looking for thoughts from those who know the science!( I only think philosophically)

Wasn't sure where to place this thread but thought if there is a philosophical truth to this than I thought quantum mechanics would be the science to one day come to this truth!

Edited by walkntune

Wasn't sure where to place this thread but thought if there is a philosophical truth to this than I thought quantum mechanics would be the science to one day come to this truth!

No, not really. No QM here. Philosophical posts go in speculations.

No, not really. No QM here

Could you please elaborate! I am trying to get understanding and in site!

If I observe that a kid gets hit by a car and just lays in the street dead,where did that life energy go!

If its true that energy can't be created or destroyed but only changes in and out of form, then what happened to the energy? Even the very body rotten and decaying is energy changing form so I want to understand what happened to the energy that was giving him life?

A hit from a car changed the kids state from physical body full of life and energy into just a physical body! The energy left after impact!

You're assuming that there's such a thing called "life energy", while there's no proof (or real reason to, really) for this energy.

Further, you're assuming that this "life energy" is of the same type of other physical energies, which is yet another problematic claim.

Could you please elaborate! I am trying to get understanding and in site!

If I observe that a kid gets hit by a car and just lays in the street dead,where did that life energy go!

If its true that energy can't be created or destroyed but only changes in and out of form, then what happened to the energy? Even the very body rotten and decaying is energy changing form so I want to understand what happened to the energy that was giving him life?

A hit from a car changed the kids state from physical body full of life and energy into just a physical body! The energy left after impact!

If by "life energy" you mean ATP and the membrane potential that are so distinctive of life and used to power pretty much all biological processes, they will turn to heat rather quickly. As the body decomposes, bacteria take some of our energy stored in more stable chemical forms (essentially eating us), and the rest is released as heat.

If by "life energy" you mean ATP and the membrane potential that are so distinctive of life and used to power pretty much all biological processes, they will turn to heat rather quickly. As the body decomposes, bacteria take some of our energy stored in more stable chemical forms (essentially eating us), and the rest is released as heat.

Yes this is very true.

Now I am going to speculate sense this is philosophy thinking that as quantum physics

continues studying the break down of atomic particles and such they are going to realize that a humans sense of an eternal soul is actually a sense of an energy that is not created or destroyed but only changes form. It is a human actually sensing nature as it is. When his resistance becomes more than the energy that sustains life in us, it is forced to leave and thus death!

When that big black cloud comes down(Bob Dylan) it is an energy force of nature that makes you feel like you are being discharged!

You're assuming that there's such a thing called "life energy", while there's no proof (or real reason to, really) for this energy.

Further, you're assuming that this "life energy" is of the same type of other physical energies, which is yet another problematic claim.

Energy is just energy! It is not created or destroyed but only changes in and out of form and back and forth from kinetic to potential! Same energy in chemical reaction of brain as electricity and magnetic fields. Just a different mass with the energy causing a different effect!

Until science studies energy as the cause of all actions and reactions instead of the result of actions and reactions they won't understand energy nor our origins or the beginning of time! They will just assume there are many different types of energies and need many types of sciences because they only observe effects of this material world we live in and not cause.

Energy being a cause and not an effect gives everything a complete different meaning!

You have to ask yourself what came first the chicken or the egg?

Did everything you study and observe happen first and cause an effect or did there have to be a force first?

Energy just IS!!!!! Einstein knew this!

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Do you feel it is a coincidence just as sperm races up the Fallopian tube to get to the egg that life is full of competition of all sorts! People in unhealthier mindsets keeping up with the Jones and whatnot??? Its all the same driving force of life that even made your parents want to get together in the first place and a force that keeps going even when you are gone. You are nothing more than a victim caught up in this force and controlled by it in your ability to handle stress and pressure because this force is very foundation of everything in your life. When you are gone this force doesn't die but goes on and finds a path with least resistance(once your body becomes to much resistance and energy has no choice but to escape) because energy is never created nor destroyed!

Doesn't mean a consciousness carries on but the energy force behind you as a living creatures does!

Edited by walkntune
taking out personal info!

I think you are making a mistake in your analysis: you see a person as having "energy" when alive and see how all their potential disappears when they die, and you ask "where does it go?"

It's no different than a machine - take a giant ocean liner for instance. It's powerful, with giant roaring engines and is exceptionally impressive. It has the potential to circle the world. It hits one lousy ice burg, and it vanishes from sight, all the noise and heat and activity is silenced by one little rip in the hull.

Where does that energy go?

Quite simply, it's our subjective view that causes the conundrum - we place value on the ship in working condition, once it's torn up, we place less value on it, as it now longer has the potential to do the great things we want to see it do.

It's the same thing with humans, and it's easy to identify powerful yet abstract patterns, and project tangible values within our mental models of how the world works. It helps us understand money to think of it as tangible when it's just ones and zeros on a digital storage device. It's helpful to think of a building as a Library when everyone else does too - but it's still a social construct and if everyone changed their mind, it wouldn't be a library anymore. It's an idea - one we project as tangible, because it's useful in organizing how we view the world.

The idea of "life energy" is the same way. We create the idea because it's easier to assign that as a "label" to a complex system, than identify it as a collection of factors that results in that potential. It's a model of convenience, not a literal one.

Basically I have a very unusual ability to sense an energy of some sort of of people. I heard of Indians talk of auras and such but I don't believe in spirits or Gods. I think there is a scientific explanation and I am searching for people with scientific insight to help!

Some of the energies rub me the wrong way and some are more soothing to be around. There has to be an explanation for this.

The explanation is pretty straight forward. You collect information via your senses... sight, hearing, smell, touch, etc. You aggregate that data and compare it against what you've learned during past experiences in your life.

A lot of data comes from sight. You pick up on micro twitches of muscles, and how the person carries themselves, and the look on their face, and all manner of other very minor visual cues which, when taken together, compose a great deal of information.

You then interpret that information and get a "sense" about them.

There is no special energy. What you are doing is basically just using a rhetorical shorthand to describe the stuff I discussed above. It's not an actual force, just a part of our perception and evolution as social animals. If you want to call it energy out of some laziness, then people will understandably be confused.