I am disgusted by being accused of plagiarism

dr.syntax

I am disgusted with mooeypoo`s continuing attempts at portraying me as a plagiarist. These latest accusations surround a posting of mine where I clearing stated my source of this quote attributed to Albert Einstein. My source was the Philosophy Science Forum and I said so in the original posting. For one thing how can you possibly be plagiarizing by refering to a quote attributed to Einstein in a forum. How can I possibly be guilty of plagiarism by doing that. How am I trying to claim credit for some idea or concept if I am quoting them. I recieved three different postings in that thread by her accusing me of plagiarism. When I attempted to find another source of this quote, I had trouble getting the links to work. Then JillSwift joins in on the fun because at first the links did not work. I had difficulty with the links. One of them I made an error in typing the link. The other just would not work. I checked and rechecked it. I had it right yet it would not work. Has no one else out there, NEVER had trouble getting a link to work. By the way I had them both working in about a half of an hour. The second link which was typed in correctly I got to work by backspacing it out and retypying it in. But why this uproar over a couple links that don`t work. I worked as fast as I could trying different things to get them to work, and managed to get them to work.There are times links simply will not work. Well it may get me kicked out of here again. Mooeypoo has threaten to do that if she catches me " playgarizing again". I read the different threads and I see no demands for some link to every statement a poster makes. Many of the thoughts I express are my reaction to something I read at some website. I post a link to the website. What more am I supposed to do ? Post a seperate link to every person who contributed to the article ? These websites give there own references.

I am not claiming I discovered something new. Almost all of this stuff falls into the catagory of general knowledge. That is why it is in an encyclopedia. You would think I was writing a doctoral thesis or something claiming I had made some wonderful new and original discovery. This is not the case and never was. So what,life sucks and then you die. Well I intend to go down fighting. And if the powers that be here at this forum dislike me so much I guess they will contrive some reason for doing so and I`ll be gone. I had previously thought Mooeypoo was at least neutral towards me, I guess I was wrong. I have made my attempts to reach out in friendly ways to many here. I think me and iNow have at least put an end to hostilities,I hope so. I thought the same might be true of JillSwift but this last unwarranted attack regarding links that did not work for about a half an hour seems to indicate otherwise.

I don`t understand any of it. I do think my REP points are the record low. It was a minus 86 the last time I checked. Oh well, Whatever, ...Dr.Syntax

Edited by dr.syntax

The whole point of citing sources is to allow others to check the veracity of the information and credibility of the source. If you make a claim, it is incumbent upon you to provide the reference for it — that's the price of admission and you are not being singled out in that regard, you are just being asked to comply with the same rules and standards that everybody else is. Complaining about it is not apt to garner you any sympathy.

Pointing out faulty links is neither an attack, nor is it unwarranted. Copy and paste is not an undue burden.

Why are links being requested? The simple, unvarnished truth is you have little or no credibility. You have posted demonstrably wrong material before, and this has happened enough that people are not prone to giving you the benefit of doubt that what you say is accurate. Other posters get asked for links too, and some provide them before they are asked — it's a good habit to get into.

The whole point of citing sources is to allow others to check the veracity of the information and credibility of the source. If you make a claim, it is incumbent upon you to provide the reference for it — that's the price of admission and you are not being singled out in that regard, you are just being asked to comply with the same rules and standards that everybody else is. Complaining about it is not apt to garner you any sympathy.

Pointing out faulty links is neither an attack, nor is it unwarranted. Copy and paste is not an undue burden.

Why are links being requested? The simple, unvarnished truth is you have little or no credibility. You have posted demonstrably wrong material before, and this has happened enough that people are not prone to giving you the benefit of doubt that what you say is accurate. Other posters get asked for links too, and some provide them before they are asked — it's a good habit to get into.

REPLY: I don`t know how to copy and paste. I have heard of it but don`t really know what it means. DS

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Letting you know that your links didn't work is an "attack"?

I thought it was just a "heads-up".

Rely: Is that what you call it. How about:" Einstein posted in a forum ?" Something I never said. Why would you say that to me as if I somehow thought he had.

REPLY: I don`t know how to copy and paste. I have heard of it but don`t really know what it means. DS

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

Rely: Is that what you call it. How about:" Einstein posted in a forum ?" Something I never said. Why would you say that to me as if I somehow thought he had.

Well, I think mooey was making light of the fact that you cited your source kind of poorly. Not being mean.

You don't know how to copy and paste? Really?

First thing you do is highlight WHAT you want to copy. This can be done by clicking and HOLDING the left mouse button and then dragging it across the words you want to select. Once you have them, you can let go, right-click WITHIN the words, and then select "Copy". You can then go to another text editor and right-click within it and hit "paste". This will copy what you highlighted earlier to the text editor.

Hope this helped.

It was light-hearted silliness, Syntax. I explained it to you in that thread.

Well, you were asked for a source for the quote, and you said it was in a forum... so you can see where I'd think you meant Eistein posted in a forum.
See? It's just me doing the overly-literal/hyperbole thing.

Don't take it so personally, hon. No one here is "out to get you".

Copy (and) paste.

Click here to see a website about it.

Linking

To make a link (like the one above) in your text, you need two webpages open: the one you want to link to, and SFN (this forum). Then:

1. You write something, like "link" or whatever text should link to the website.

2. You select that piece of text that will become the link, and you click the little blue symbol: createlink.gif.

3. You go to the other website and copy the url (url = webpage's address).

4. Enter the url of your link here in SFN, in the box that asks for "Please enter the URL of your link:"

5. Click OK.

That should be all... shouldn't take half an hour, and certainly shouldn't cause any mistakes in typing the address.