i can't post in politics..

Actually, you need 30 posts, 10 days of membership, and -- and this requirement meant nothing until we enabled negative reputation -- 10 reputation points. 10 is the default amount you start with anyway, so only those who have received negative reputation can be affected.

We may consider altering this so one or two negative reputation "hits" aren't enough to keep you out of politics, since that seems a bit unfair; anyone have comments or opinions on this?

I think the restrictions should actually be raised (or, kept as is). The type of people who are pissed about not being able to post in Politics tend to be exactly the type of people we'd prefer not be allowed to post there until they can calm down.

alright! better start kissing up then..

Nope, all you need to do is have a few posts with the sort of quality that people admire and be lucky enough for someone to bother adding reputation points for it. And avoid getting negative rep points in the meantime, which I think will relate more to your attitude than whether people agree with you.

Yes, pray to the heavens that Swansont or iNow takes a shine to one of your posts. Instant rep-awesomeness is just a click away for you if it comes from those guys.

Which speaks well to the discussion taking place in the posts above. Rep has to be earned, and really has jackshite to do with kissing up. :)

Flattery certainly helps, though. ;)

hey guys, what do you think of this?:

"I've never understood how "troll" is an insult? What's the alternative? There's trolls and then there's sheep. That's it.

I am a troll, I hope. "

Dr. Lou Natic.

Sounds like a fallacy of the excluded middle. Again.

hey guys, what do you think of this?:

"I've never understood how "troll" is an insult? What's the alternative? There's trolls and then there's sheep. That's it.

I am a troll, I hope. "

Dr. Lou Natic.

1. I think it's pointless to try to change a definition. It will only create confusion. Then again, that's exactly what trolls do.

2. If there were only trolls and sheep, the concept of the "internet forum" would have died a premature death many years ago.

Dr. Lou Natic is a troll. He's right.

Very clever spin on things, a board where people have to earn the write to scream their silly opinions on what team doesn't or does suck; I mean politics.

REPLY: when you say suck do you mean suck up to? I see a lot of that going on around here. You have these cliques or teams that suck up to each other and will attack any person who stands up to any member of their suck up team. It`s happened to me many times and I see the same suck up team tear into others as well . Maybe we should come up with a name for them. Any suggestions ? The team that sucks up together stays together. That`s too long for a name,more like a motto. Lets see: THE SUCK HOLES . That sounds good. THE SUCK UPS. seems pretty good. That`s a good start. And give each other rep points and thier foes negative rep points. Well, Whatever. ...Dr.Syntax

REPLY: when you say suck do you mean suck up to? I see a lot of that going on around here. You have these cliques or teams that suck up to each other and will attack any person who stands up to any member of their suck up team. It`s happened to me many times and I see the same suck up team tear into others as well . Maybe we should come up with a name for them. Any suggestions ? The team that sucks up together stays together. That`s too long for a name,more like a motto. Lets see: THE SUCK HOLES . That sounds good. THE SUCK UPS. seems pretty good. That`s a good start. And give each other rep points and thier foes negative rep points. Well, Whatever. ...Dr.Syntax

Could you take a step back from your microphone? The feedback whine is getting to be a bit much.

Could you take a step back from your microphone? The feedback whine is getting to be a bit much.

REPLY: Don`t get shook up,the rest of team SUCK HOLE should be showing any time now. I hereby dub thee : THE SUCK HOLES. ...Whatever,Dr.Syntax ...... P.S. That new face icon you`re using is so scary, that`ll show them !

Edited by dr.syntax

I am a troll, I hope. "

Dr. Lou Natic.

He's crazy. Trolls are a type of sheep. Black sheep. The type of sheep that chooses to mindlessly follow bad examples. Really, trolling takes less intelligence than carrying out a polite, intellectual conversation.

Also, claiming there are only two options when there are more is a logical fallacy, the fallacy of excluded middle. The guy is just trolling and you got taken hook line and sinker.