New BB Tags

"is that it?" Find me another forum that even has this facility - I think you'll find it's a world first.

The pics (including the bubble's actual structure) are all on my server for the moment. When I have a second today (hah) I'll be adding a couple more.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"is that it?"[/i'] Find me another forum that even has this facility - I think you'll find it's a world first.

I'm not going to check every other forum out there to dispute that, and I'm not condemning it. I just think that there's some more room here. Either way, it's a cool idea.

The pics (including the bubble's actual structure) are all on my server for the moment. When I have a second today (hah) I'll be adding a couple more.

Is there any chance you can add this to the lot?

http://www.matthewmodine.com/pictures/ermy_yelling.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I'm not sure I like the direction of this conversation.

Well, that wasn't just for you. More like anyone who assumes we don't think about these things.

- None of the existing bubble characters will be removed without a good reason, because that means going around the forum locating and removing all instances of those bubbles (otherwise, without the image, they will be screwed up) which is fairly counter-productive.

- I'm not at the beck and call of anyone who can think of a new character we can use, ta. 10 should be plenty of variety even for the most demanding comic genius.

- This tag will not be used in any science threads. End of.

• 1 year later...
Sorry to revive such an old thread but I am surprised nobody has suggested something like:

[bubble=http://www.mysite.com/pic.jpg] Text Here [/bubble]

Then anybody could use whatever image they like.

Its an interesting idea but it will probably not be added for the same reason(s) as the img tag is not enabled.

1) It will slow the page loading times with a load of images in threads.

2) People may abuse them and use way too many of them.

Other than that its an interesting idea :D

Cheers,

Ryan Jones