Advantages of Firefox

Cap'n Refsmmat

I am currently using Firefox...

And the reason in my case is that every time I open my hotmail in IE, it apears error on page all the time on right bottom of the window......cant fix this problem, then I use Firefox...

In my opinion, Firefox is very good, nice and simple to use, having fewer buttons on the window :D

more over, Firefox is mostly compatible with IE, you can also get My Favourite from IE directly to Firefox...

Albert

lol

Have you used Netscape Navigator? It's like that but much faster.

With FireFox, you can download & install more plug-ins as you wish, built-in pop-up blocker, tabbing windows, and I just like the overall operation of FireFox. IE seems so...bulky. Even MyIE2 [which I use to see IE-only pages] doesn't have the same functionality as FireFox.

I started using Firefox after I reinstalled XP on my computer, and my sister showed it to me. Since then I haven't gotten a single pop-up that I can remember, and certainly no adware. It was slower at first, but it doesn't seem to be anymore (not because I've gotten used to it being slower or anything, it's faster now). And it's more minimal than IE in terms of interface, and it's got the google search bar built in, and the icon is much nicer. ;) When you've got multiple windows for a certain site open you can switch between then via a tab bar that apears, instead of having to sort through the IE windows that appear on the taskbar, and frequenty stack. I much prefer Firefox to IE, and this is after using IE for about 5 years.

If I might also say this, for anyone who's looking for a good mp3 player as well, I'd recommend STP. It's a quickbar mp3 player that only takes up about 4 MB of RAM, and you can bind hotkeys to the different functions.

While we're on the topic of Mozilla and whatnot, I've just gone and got myself a copy of 1.7. However, there is a rather large problem (for me) with the themes. I'll select a very nice theme, and it'll be all hunkydory until I restart Mozilla. At this point it defaults back to the Classic theme - which, needless to say, is rather annoying. Does anyone have a solution for this?