iSearch toolbar %&*#$!!!

Phi for All

I picked up the iSearch toolbar somehow, either in a Windows or an HP update and I never use it. Every time I open an Explorer window I have to get rid of it since it makes my screen that much smaller. I can't find a way to uninstall it. Any recommendations or advice? Does anybody use it/like it/hate it?

I think the most annoying thing is probably MSN Plus which installs a load of crap on your computer unless you see the thing in installation - and as a lot of people don't check...

I rarely have to shut down with XP so I knew something was screwy when things started slowing down and locking up on me. I usually run Outlook, Word and an online database called Salesforce, and I usually have 2 or 3 Explorer windows open (for SFN, of course). This Malware acted like it was my best friend while it installed 110 Data Miners on my comp. Salesforce doesn't work well with pop-up blockers and I hated the reduced screen with the extra toolbar or I wouldn't have messed with it. I swear it snuck in with my last HP or Windows update so I didn't even think about spyware.

Can I disable the built-in pop-up blocker? I use a voice-over IP for unlimited long-distance sales calling to my architecture & engineering clients and need Salesforce online as a database to link with my company nationally.

Yeah - the first thing it comes up with when it detects a pop-up is "would you like to enable the pop-up blocker?" It's entirely up to you as to whether you want to use it or not.

Yeah - the first thing it comes up with when it detects a pop-up is "would you like to enable the pop-up blocker?" It's entirely up to you as to whether you want to use it or not.
Does the pop-up blocker allow you to designate pop-ups from certain sites as OK or would I have to choose everytime it happened?

There's a safe list in the options.
SOLD!!!

Do you recommend that I:

a) keep IE on my machine but use Firefox as default browser,

b) happy tango after I delete IE or

c) happy tango during the deletion process, accompanied by rude gestures in the general direction of upper Washington state?