What is the underlining goal?

GutZ

I've been thinking (it does happen!),

Since I was like say 9, I've always had this desire to seek out the truth in things, and live by the code of "the more I know the more I am free". Maybe I didn't exactly realize it at the time, but regardless I as I grew up the more I wanted to know things.

Now I come to a point where I realize I won't ever know everything. I've come at an impass. I would love to be a physicist, but can really do it at my age and my position? no. Other hand is this something I want or need to be free? to be truely happy?

I would have to sacrifice a lot. With no chance that I actually make it. I find everything pretty interesting as well, I am naturally curious. So when and how does a person decide what is best for them? I could spend my whole life focused on one goal, and not be happy that whole time trying to do it, or I can keep it as a hobby, and be satisfied that I will never have what these TOTAL COOL AND AWESOME (my nose is so brown) physics experts possess. There are other things as well.

Ignorance can be bliss as well, and I think everyone indulges in it from time to time.

So how does one find his true happiness? Is it out there ready to be found or is it something you create?

There are times where I also wished I didn't care about my own intelligence because life is so much easier when you are dumb, but I know if I am dumb I am also not happy, even though it does take away the pressures of constantly trying to find intelligence.

I just don't know, so I am hoping to see some opinions if anyone has them or if they have had the same feelings or thoughts.

So when and how does a person decide what is best for them?

I don't know. I'm still waiting for this to happen... still waiting to find out. I've got three decades down, maybe the answer will come during one of the next three.

By physicist what do you mean?

If you mean someone whose main source of income is by "doing physics" then there is plenty of scope here. Many research experiments need lab technicians, engineers, computer engineers etc all of which do not necessarily hold degrees (or higher degrees) in physics. So, maybe you could work in physics?

lol I just made my post more personal to get the idea across.

I am pretty much in a field where I use physics to do labortory testing and I plan to go get my radiography testing certificate. One of my courses required me to calibrate a optical emissions spectrometer. I do dabble in it somewhat.

I just seem to have a passion for physics, it just interests me the most out of everything. For me I see multiple road and there is no way I can see which is the best road for me.

There are so many things in life, I am jsut trying to see if a person seeks happiness or creates happiness.

So how does one find his true happiness? Is it out there ready to be found or is it something you create?

I'd go with the latter, it's all a matter of perspective, blah blah blah. However, as much as I love the subject (physics that is) and it was my choice to study it, for all I know, I could be happier raising llamas on a small farm. I simply don't know or will ever know. Well, I'd know with that particular example, (llamas all the way), but you get the idea. ;)

Just to add, since when has anybody been too old to study a subject ? I wouldn't class myself as old per se, but reasonably ripe at 32.

Well I would say lacking the ability to learn it, or bluntly just not having the intellectual capacity to do it.

I think I COULD do it but I have a very visual mind. I see everything as images or video or simulation. I don't see sentences naturally (which is very limiting in a lot of ways but great for other things), and I think the only way for me to get a idea as to how physical concepts work is to understand the math behind them. For that I have to go back and take a lot of classes. As well I don't have the money, I don't have much at all so I would have to do it while I work in my field that I just finished schooling.

Based on the simulation in my mind I don't see it being possible at my current age personally, others maybe able to do it but....me....I doubt it.