The Phenomenon of Dia, Para and Ferromagnetism

Theophrastus

Initially, I was a smidge unsure where precisely this question should go, seeing as it isn't quite chemistry based, but at the same time, having a knowledge of physics that would, at best be deemed mediocre, decided to put it in the general thread. I appropriately apologize to any moderator, whose unfortunate duty it may be to rectify the error.:)

Anyhow, to get to the point, I am interested in why ferro, dia, and paramagnetism occur, in various compounds, as while I'm sure everybody knows the nature of the effects, it surprises me that I haven't thought about why such a phenomenon occurs.:doh: As always, any aid is most appreciated.:)

"No, you have the largest cookie mr. hippopotamus!":D

ps: It's best not to ask about that conclusive quote...

Edited by Theophrastus
mild rectification of an otherwise unintelligible sentence structure

• 4 weeks later...
Initially, I was a smidge unsure where precisely this question should go, seeing as it isn't quite chemistry based, but at the same time, having a knowledge of physics that would, at best be deemed mediocre, decided to put it in the general thread. I appropriately apologize to any moderator, whose unfortunate duty it may be to rectify the error.:)

Anyhow, to get to the point, I am interested in why ferro, dia, and paramagnetism occur, in various compounds, as while I'm sure everybody knows the nature of the effects, it surprises me that I haven't thought about why such a phenomenon occurs.:doh: As always, any aid is most appreciated.:)

"No, you have the largest cookie mr. hippopotamus!":D

ps: It's best not to ask about that conclusive quote...

this http://www.sci.sdsu.edu/classes/physics/phys196/ferguson/P196-32.MinMat.011.html

is combining 'planck' and 'maxwell' to offer a bit within the current observances and how it is used and conveyed.

Do i agree? No........... but to be fair, i am sharing material for you to observe that will assist in addressing the basics.

i consider an increased magnetism (biased) as the increased wavelength of em (kind of like 'amplitude' of energy; the coherant combining increases the total power of the energy 'state' upon the mass)

eg..... a piece of iron magnetized will possess a greater total potential of iron without; not because of more electrons but because of the 'energy upon the mass' (em).

i consider an increased magnetism (biased) as the increased wavelength of em (kind of like 'amplitude' of energy; the coherant combining increases the total power of the energy 'state' upon the mass)

eg..... a piece of iron magnetized will possess a greater total potential of iron without; not because of more electrons but because of the 'energy upon the mass' (em).

Please confine speculative answers to the "Speculations" forum

Please confine speculative answers to the "Speculations" forum

would that mean that most all answers are speculative?

the posting on the standard and the non conformance were represented allowing any to observe the ideologies of both (so they can measure themselves and given the opportunity to explor with questions and the intent of seeking)

nothing is claimed erroneously and each item can be represented in publications currently around the world.

the frame may not appear or be worded the same (i am not a plagerizing kind) but the observational evidence does exist, or i would not post anything esoteric that cannot be verified

if there is a question you wish to ask, please do

but to limit observations to what is accepted by the group alone will limit the evolutionary progression to the bias and depth of this group

By all means, present supporting evidence for any claims you make. That's expected of you.

but to limit observations to what is accepted by the group alone will limit the evolutionary progression to the bias and depth of this group

People who ask questions in the science sections deserve established answers that have been vetted by the scientific methods. Please restrict answers to that realm. Speculative discussion belongs in Speculations. This is not really negotiable.

I suspect that nobody else does.

perhaps see lorenz

it was how maxwell confirmed electromagnetic energy

lasing and masing is combining same 'f' but increasing the 'what' to define the total power?

YOU may not comprehend the comments because YOU do not have enough scope of knowledge but many have been tapping on the same thing for a long long time.

ie... the 'standard model' does not combine the variety of scientific knowledge and why YOU do not understand the comment.

so i suspect your comment is just based on a reduced scope

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
By all means, present supporting evidence for any claims you make. That's expected of you.

People who ask questions in the science sections deserve established answers that have been vetted by the scientific methods. Please restrict answers to that realm. Speculative discussion belongs in Speculations. This is not really negotiable.

i would not wish to negotiate when science is being observed

what i would like FROM the Mods is to be able to cause inquiry rather than isolate what may not have made the 'collective' knowledge.

meaning; the sciences are performing all over the world, but the books are not updated.

so in each comment, sure i can provide data just please identify to either the math or the idiom that is not understood.

be fair, please

Edited by Bishadi
Consecutive posts merged.