Time Machine

AtomicMX

Your question is the most beautyfull question that i´ve heard in these days, and i cannot answer that, but what i can't tell you is that that will help us to understand how the universe was created..

What does the creation of the universe have to do with one of the fundamental problems of your time machine. ;)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess everyone's biggest fear would be the fields you talk of. You haven't really explained what fields you plan to invert or how that will help us travel back in time. I don't want to discourage you or anything, but with the level of explanation you've provided, anyone here could come up with an equaly viable theory. What will give your theory more credibility than others is when you explain more about the fields and why you believe they will work. Sorry, but that's about the best I could put it.

What does the creation of the universe have to do with one of the fundamental problems of your time machine.

Well about what could happent.. i think it would compact....

and if you return the things to the time where universe was created then you have your answer.

about jordan.. i am talking about einteins magnetic fields theories (hypothesys)

What does the creation of the universe have to do with one of the fundamental problems of your time machine.

Well about what could happent.. i think it would compact....

and if you return the things to the time where universe was created then you have your answer.

about jordan.. i am talking about einteins magnetic fields theories (hypothesys)

If you would return the things to the time where universe was created then you would hear a big "BANG" then you die.

Wouldn't that involve putting the entire universe into the machine? Which makes me think, what if you put part of an object (say have a spaceshuttle) into the time machine and sent it back to the point in time when it was whole? Would you have sent the other half (not in the machine) back in time also, or would you change the past?

I guess I'll have to go read up on those somewhere before I can continue this.

Wouldn't that involve putting the entire universe into the machine?

if you like and can well yes....

Which makes me think, what if you put part of an object (say have a spaceshuttle) into the time machine and sent it back to the point in time when it was whole?
I am not really understanding what you say, but as i said in the beginning its past is to get out of the machine or freeze.

And SORRY

Tesserac you could do that what you and me said about making it travel to the past before the machine and that.... because as i said in the beginning.. its past is bail out of the machine... or freeze in the interchange....

I am not really understanding what you say, but as i said in the beginning its past is to get out of the machine or freeze.

First, let me clarify myself. Your machine is different than others in that it only sends what is inside the machine back in time. Others would move everything back in time with them. Since yours only sends what's inside back in time, what would happen if the object you sent back was part of a greater whole? If I took half of something, we'll say an apple this time, and sent half an apple back in time to before I cut it, would the apple take with it the other half from my time? How would the apple get whole again when I only sent half of it back? Where does the other half come from?

Also, you've mentioned freezing a few times. Can you explain what you mean by freeze in relation to your time machine?

You can't do that

That's what i explained in the beginning.

put the thing in the machine .... let 1 hour pass.... then turn the machine....

it'll go backward in time and it'll get out

because it's past of entering the machine... is getting out the machine.

You can't do that

That's what i explained in the beginning.

put the thing in the machine .... let 1 hour pass.... then turn the machine....

it'll go backward in time and it'll get out

because it's past of entering the machine... is getting out the machine.

I would be nice if i could inderstand your words...

I see what your saying now. The only thing I don't understand is exactly how it would work, but that's because I don't have much understanding of those sorts of things.

For a second language, your english isn't bad at all. Don't worry about what Tesseract says. Si Tesseract no entienda su ingles, hablas en espanol. Si Tesseract no entienda espanol, reir. That's my attempt at spanish. Your english is much better than my spanish.

i read somewhere that every particle has an anti-particle so. i suppose it is related to anti matter and anti matter could be matter traveling in the time (relatively to us) thats why it absorbs the light, because it needs to get energy inside.. in this case photons and another things...

our traveling time is like a explotion... and if we make an explotion move backwards... it'll be an implotion....

I see what your saying now. The only thing I don't understand is exactly how it would work' date=' but that's because I don't have much understanding of those sorts of things.

For a second language, your english isn't bad at all. Don't worry about what Tesseract says. Si Tesseract no entienda su ingles, hablas en espanol. Si Tesseract no entienda espanol, reir. That's my attempt at spanish. Your english is much better than my spanish.[/quote']

You think dont know what you wrote? :P

First, let me clarify myself. Your machine is different than others in that it only sends what is inside the machine back in time. Others would move everything back in time with them. Since yours only sends what's inside back in time, what would happen if the object you sent back was part of a greater whole? If I took half of something, we'll say an apple this time, and sent half an apple back in time to before I cut it, would the apple take with it the other half from my time? How would the apple get whole again when I only sent half of it back? Where does the other half come from?

Well I know as much about physics as I do about love, which is not a whole lot. But There seems to be a huge fallacy in your logic:

So we take the original apple A, cut in half, making half B and half C. We put half B into the time machine TM. Assuming the contents of TM are the only things effected by the "mysterious field", although the atoms are reversed in their processes, (still don't understand this, but I don't need to) and would return to their individual states "before the cutting", why would that have any effect on the other half, C?? I don't see how an atom, previously located in space next to another atom, effects the other atom when it is no longer next to it. So of course you wouldn't get a whole apple. You are thinking of it like "well this was a whole apple, I cut it half, so when time is reversed, I get a whole apple" but we're not reversing time at all, we are simply making the "mysterious fields" reverse, and having the molecules/atoms/electrons go back to how they were by inverting their processes. This is not actually time, as I understand it. Or if it is, then time doesn't exist, and is simply a function of common processes...

I'll put it one further: If we put a concious being into the machine, even if we could assume that the thought processes, due to their electro-chemo nature, would reverse, can we assume that the "observer" aka the soul, aka the one thing science has yet to explain, although my personal theory is that of a hivemind, due to our cells acting like bees in their communication, (sorry for tangent) so this observer, is it affective by the field? If so, it must be a physical object, because the field is physical, yes? If this observer cannot be located in the world physically, or more accurately, if it lies in another dimension/plane of reality, would it then (due to its non-time bound nature) experience the "mind/thoughts" going backwards, but it would still "feel" like linear time was moving forward? I.e. would it feel normal, except instead of getting older, you'd get younger, and instead of thinking of answers after being asked questions, you'd think of answers and then create questions?

I also want to know what would happen if you put one of these machines inside another, bigger machine of the same type. I can imagine afew outcomes, but I'm pretty sure the inner machine would cease to function. But if it didn't?

Also are these machines powered externally? I.e. would the inner machine also need a generator hooked up to it, because if you had a chord leading into the field, where the power source was outside the field, and something was using the power inside the field, I dunno what would happen, but personally I wouldn't want to be standing too close.

2nd.- The machine wouldn´t travel trought time just the things inside it.

then once again' date=' what is the point of it all? if all you're doing is going to stand in the box for a certain amount of time(which is no more than a week or two) but when you get out, everything is still exactly the same?

also, if such a notion was possible, then i suppose that since there are quite a few physicists alive still, then maybe they would dare take a stab at it. since noone has done it(at least not that i'm aware) then why bother about talking about the future what-if's or what could-be's?

what force are you talking about, really? my crude understanding of physics tell me that since everything is made of atoms and these atoms move, then the notion of motion is what you're talking about........ but this just takes you to the above paragraph and nowhere closer to what you're trying to accomplish.

granted, you can take a cardboard box, go in there, spend some time, and when you get out, you can 'think' that you've just been in an environment what has no notion of time or even took you back in time. and i'm off to talk to someone with a crystal ball...... tata

{edit}

3rd.- In order to visit a place in the earth some years ago.

you would have to put the earth inside the machine, stay away from the machine... then turn it on, turn it off.. and visit the place you wanted to

LOL LOL ROFL.

Uhm, that would be a "No Comment" thingie ;)