is time real

A Childs Mind

.............What dose that have to do with my question ya i understand it is 2 questions but still

What he means is that you have phrased the question to offer only two possible explanations, whereas there are other possibilities.

That's a false dichotomy: incorrectly offering a choice of only two possible answers.

Julian B. Barbour seems to think so. See his book "The End of Time". You can read a big chunk of it on Google Books. Personally, I don't think the case is made very convincingly.

Basically, yes. I shared the video above more to show a quick piece of evidence that animals DO experience time. That much was confirmed when they showed the rats baseline state of pressing the lever at very specific intervals with no drugs in their system.

Youtube, like SFN, can be a source of good information or garbage as we witness here daily. :)

Yeah, I've got another idea: Why don't you get your scientific research from World Wrestling Entertainment, Incorporated? That sounds like just as reliable a source.

dstebbins, nobody is quoting YouTube as an authority. YouTube isn't even the source, whoever makes the videos is. A lot of crackpots post ridiculous stuff, and there are also a lot of really worthwhile videos and legitimate academic lectures. Youtube is the medium. Your position is analogous to saying that we should disregard books, because there are a lot of books that contain false information.

Oh yeah, Youtube is one of the best places on Earth (Internet or otherwise) to get your scientific sources.:|

Within the video, the actual research studies were cited. I suggest that if you have a problem with those studies, you look them up at your local university and let us all know where their methodologies were flawed. I further suggest that if you think the video presentations were faulty that you should first read the actual articles on which they were based so you can return here to inform us all of the supposed discrepancy between the two.

Not everyone here on this forum is a practicing clinician writing their own research papers. Many are simply curious and seeking a way to learn. The video was accurate, and provided a simple way for the uninformed to get a basic understanding of the answer to their question. 'Nuff said.

What if time is a particle? We know that there are doser-quark type particles that travel through our body by the trillions constantly, but we have yet to do any measurements (not to say we haven't tried). What if time travels through everything that has mass and those particles provide enough force to keep our bodies (and hopefully everything else) moving at the same speed. So time particles are the fastest traveling particles... they travel at the speed of time. As long as we have mass, Time passes for us (or through us) and it is the rate at which we experience life. Of course this means that time might travel slower through different mediums (such as black holes)...

Time is speed. We can only travel as fast as the speed of time (or the speed of light). We know that your body doesn't age as fast when traveling at higher speeds while in space, so your personal time is calculated by the difference in your speed and c. This theory could be backed up if we have records of halflives of elements while going through particle accelerators, and seeing if it "lives" longer or not.

I agree, but it is even harder to think about.