opposite atom

I was just wondering whether there was a kind of opposite atom. Like positrons would be in the orbitals, and particles that were the same size and mass of protons, but same charge of electrons in the nucleus with normal neutrons. I know positrons exist, and you could make the electon(my made-up name for the negatively charged proton) with 3 down quarks. I was just wondering about this and it would be interesting to know.

antimatter?anyone?hmm antimatter am I wrong heres the definition:

A hypothetical form of matter that is identical to physical matter except that its atoms are composed of antielectrons' date=' antiprotons, and antineutrons.

[/quote']

It's not hypothetical. Positrons, antiprotons and antineutrons have been demostrated to exist, and scientists at CERN have formed antihydrogen atoms.

antimatter?anyone?hmm antimatter am I wrong heres the definition:

A hypothetical form of matter that is identical to physical matter except that its atoms are composed of antielectrons' date=' antiprotons, and antineutrons.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=antimatter[/quote']

As swansont said, they certainly exist, and they use them in some types of medical scanning (PET scanners I think, they use positrons which are anti-electrons).