Yay , the stimulus package gave me $2500 (college)

blackhole123

I'm going to a state university so its $6900 a year. I got a $2500 scholarship. Now with the new stimulus package, they extended the hope scholarship to include people with income of $160,000 or less and they bumped it up to $2500 for two years. So thats $6900-$5000= $1900 plus a $200 tax credit from NY state= $1700 to go to a great university.

Just like that, Obama saved my family $10,000 because my sister is in college too. My family is actually making money off of this because with all my sisters scholarships she only pays $500 a year but she still will get the 2.5k which we can use to pay my $1700. So we gain $300 a year for going to college. There is another state program too that could get me $500 more too.

Everyone make sure you take advantage of this. A common misconception is that if you are taking out student loans then you aren't paying for education and won't get the 2.5k, but this is not the case. Everyone can get it.

I doubt it, but you could try

The last time I was going to school, it required a full time status to be eligible for a lot of the loans and grants that were available. Man I still have $20K to go, spread that wealth around BlackHole =D

Pff. Texas is better:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/GI_Bill_produces_a_shock_in_Texas.html

The Veterans Affairs Department released a preliminary list of the maximum tuition and fees it will cover under the new GI Bill, and the numbers are startling to say the least.

The figure for Texas is $1,333 per credit hour and $12,130 in fees per semester, which for student taking 12 hours could top out at $28,126. That's not per year — it's per semester.