Salary Caps for Companies Receiving Bailouts

Pangloss

So, you know what? I'm a bit pissed off that everyone is railing against Obama for calling for salary caps and greater responsibility, instead of focussing the anger and frustration where it belongs... On the CEOs and executives who are too frakkin stupid to know to do this without someone telling them it's necessary.

that's the point though... if these people aren't running a business intelligently, than imposing salary caps is just going to keep them in charge and [poorly] running businesses. Also, it'll keep the talent away, because they're going to move over to companies not accepting bailouts who, presumably, don't need them as badly.

Salary caps are, in theory, a good idea, but not for the government to impose and is just another example of reactionary regulation caused by previous reactionary regulation that failed to work how we thoguht it would.

I wonder what new regulation that Obama will propose to fix the salary cap (no doubt it'll involve even more micromanagement, maybe a job placement czar for CEOs?)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what GOOD business people do, damn it! I'm SO proud to work for these guys. Despite the fact that me and a bunch of my friends may not have the opportunity to work for them for much longer (layoffs are still coming, and many will be impacted), this is how you run a big business intelligently.

That's the more philanthropic corporate model I'd call it, and should really be rewarded with business so such a thing might spread.

I sure hope I keep my job, and my chances of doing so just went up by quite a lot because there are bright guys leading us. That matters, people... not some stupid ideology based on what you heard on AM talk radio this morning.

Companies like the one you work for should be rewarded (or at least left alone).

Not the ones that drove themselves into the ground with a bag of hammers.

I fear that by encouraging failure and mismanagement, we may be creating something undesirable.

Something that may be very difficult or impossible to get rid of.

BTW, which stupid ideology are you referring to, the stupidity exalted on 'BBC', 'Air America' or the 'Excellence in Broadcasting Network'/Hannity Show?