Battlestar Galactica (Warning: spoilers)

ydoaPs

• 2 weeks later...

It's kinda sad that tonight is the last episode... Like ever. Even if it's shit, I'll be feeling nostolgic.

Hopefully, the New Caprica show coming out in oh-ten will have similar pizzazz and panache to BSG...

Anyway, enjoy the episode, folks. T minus 43 minutes from my reference frame.

I'm not sad, I'm sad the ending isn't coming together better.

Apparently Daniel was just a side note in the episode where he was mentioned and will not be making an appearance (or any further mentions) in the final episode, or so I hear.

Weak.

Perhaps it was a homage to Blade Runner, as the entire series seems to be... homage being a euphamism for rip off, but something tells me they didn't intend to rip off an inability to count.

Yeah... well... Everyone's a critic. I appreciated the fact that they took the ship in for a soft landing tonight, and chose not to crash it. Hara was Eve. Fancy that.

Although, as must be pointed out on a science forums eventually, it would be impossible to find the fossil of Midochondrial Eve, as suggested in the show. She's a construct determined by tracing back lineages of daughters. She wasn't necessarily the ancestor of all modern humans, either, just the only female to leave an unbroken line of female descendants to the present day.

Still, great episode. Wait for this "The Plan," maybe they'll explain Daniel better then. Or maybe in Caprica.

No kidding? Hmm. There's not a part three is there? Because I did notice they labeled last night's finale as part 2 of Daybreak, which I thought was a little odd since part 1 was apparently just one hour.

Gee, how disappointing. You need to see it, it was spectacular TV, no matter how you might feel about how they closed the story. Personally, I enjoyed how it ended and that's unusual as I'm rarely impressed with endings.

So, of those who've seen this through...what do you all think? I'm kind of surprised there's not a lot of discussion on it today. Am I the only one that enjoyed how all of this ended?

And weren't the battle scenes just beautiful? I've never described violence in such a way, but then I've never witnessed it simulated against such a kick ass background.

So, of those who've seen this through...what do you all think? I'm kind of surprised there's not a lot of discussion on it today. Am I the only one that enjoyed how all of this ended?

And weren't the battle scenes just beautiful? I've never described violence in such a way, but then I've never witnessed it simulated against such a kick ass background.

I'm kinda let down that they just dropped the whole Daniel thing and didn't explain the Kara stuff.

No, I loved it. It was, indeed, very beautiful. It was like watching a movie. The scene where they jumped in and started firing... And how only a few moments after Sam got the guns to stop did they release the raptors... They did a fantastic job of showing the tactical side of an assault like that. I also liked how they kept mixing in stuff from Caprica, and it made last weeks episode make MUCH more sense and impactful.

As I said last night, I'm sort of sad to see it go, but glad they ended on a positive note instead of drawing it out Sopranos style and ruining it.

As for the Daniel and Kara stuff, there's some sort of special this fall coming out. Odds are good it gets explained there... After all, they need to do something to drag you in.

I'm kinda let down that they just dropped the whole Daniel thing and didn't explain the Kara stuff.

Me too. And unless I missed it, I didn't see any explanation to Baltar's projection / hallucination. iNow's probably on to something concerning Caprica and this stuff.

No, I loved it. It was, indeed, very beautiful. It was like watching a movie. The scene where they jumped in and started firing... And how only a few moments after Sam got the guns to stop did they release the raptors... They did a fantastic job of showing the tactical side of an assault like that. I also liked how they kept mixing in stuff from Caprica, and it made last weeks episode make MUCH more sense and impactful.

No kidding. I kept rewinding my DVR to keep track of what was going on and to make sure I saw what I thought I saw. Very cool.

And I saw the whole Kara-coordinates thing coming, except I was just convinced they were going to jump back to the place Kara resurrected, or some form of it, some perfect coordinate that puts them in the sweet spot so they all get resurrected, without knowing.

So much for my speculations. I'll stick with music.

As I said last night, I'm sort of sad to see it go, but glad they ended on a positive note instead of drawing it out Sopranos style and ruining it.

So you didn't care for the way Sopranos ended either? Agreed.

I think it definitely showed a few signs of being "put together" but I still liked it quite a bit. The Daniel facet didn't bother me at all actually. It didn't strike me that he meant any more than to demonstrate what John was capable of. If he was any more than that it would ruin the whole "there are 12 models" thing, but since he was just a failed model that John happened to have sabotaged it makes perfect sense. If my four friends and I build seven cars from scratch, I'm not going to count the one that blew up in the garage before it was finished.

The thing that I found most odd was the lack of explanation of how Kara goes from the gas giant implosion to Earth 1.0, and how Earth 2.0 came to be. I'm guessing Earth 1.0 had different continents and simply a very comparable moon, but they implied in the temple of Athena that the constellations for the 12 colonies looked like they do from Earth 2.0 - but it leads to the first version.

That and I did think it was a bit weak to say "oh, they are 'angels' so, I guess if they are metaphysical we can just leave it at that." That's fine I guess, but after all the speculation it seems to be a bit of a let down answer.

Terribly disappointed. I guess Daniel was just a continuity error. Why exactly is Kara Thrace the harbinger of death? WHAT WAS HER DEAL? (completely unexplained) What was the Cylon master plan? Hara is mitochondrial eve? And apparently Baltar's Six and Six's Baltar are both immortal superbeings and agents of God?

Waaaah.... I want all the hours I spent watching this silly show back.

Terribly disappointed. I guess Daniel was just a continuity error. Why exactly is Kara Thrace the harbinger of death? WHAT WAS HER DEAL? (completely unexplained) What was the Cylon master plan? Hara is mitochondrial eve? And apparently Baltar's Six and Six's Baltar are both immortal superbeings and agents of God?

Waaaah.... I want all the hours I spent watching this silly show back.

Harbinger of Death......Kara Thrace will lead the human race to its end. They did with that exactly what I thought they would. Kara brought death to the world as they knew it. Every new beginning is another new beginning's end. She brought the end to mankind by bringing them to our Earth(even though our constellations are supposed to be seen from the other Earth :confused: ) via a Bob Dylan song.

Harbinger of Death......Kara Thrace will lead the human race to its end. They did with that exactly what I thought they would. Kara brought death to the world as they knew it. Every new beginning is another new beginning's end.

Okay, call me crazy, but I think they'd be more about "you will lead society to a new age, Kara Thrace" than they are "YOU ARE THE HARBINGER OF DEATH"