How are these all related?

I understand the very basic concepts on innate and learned behavior but I would like to learn a little bit more about Fixed Action Patterns and Imprinting. And, does it have to do with any type of classical or operant conditioning??? If so, please explain...

I'm not sure if it relates to memes (emphasis on the "I'm not sure."). My first thought was that the question related to neurophysiology, but I really don't know enough about either of the terms to respond with anything useful.

No, these are elements of classic ethology. It would help if you gave a little more information about what precisely you would like to know more. I have to admit that have not been dealing with it since my undergrad times (simply because I found out that in that field there was hardly any funding ), so what I remember might (or is likely) to be out of date. Though it appears to me that you are interested mainly in the basics.

Just to add, ethology is of course related to neurobiological aspects. When I studied there was a big effort to find correlation between behaviour (patterns) and neurobiological activity and changes. There was some progress in a group using song learning in zebra finches as a model (was a fun time, btw. catching zebra finches that escaped the cages, or simply had no intention of singing when being watched...), but funding at that time kindof dried up.

Also, imprinting and conditioning are forms of learning that work differently though (and are effective under different conditions), whereas fixed action patterns (FAP) are a behavioral sequence that may or may not be triggered by learned cues. Traditionally it was believed that FAPs are completely innate, however I faintly recall that while the pattern itself may be rigid, the trigger might in some cases be modified. Other argued that it would not be a FAP at all in that case.

Edited by CharonY