How to stop cracking knuckles

Guest mercyfullfate

Guest mercyfullfate

Hey guys, i know there is a topic about cracking knuckles but nowhere in there does it tell you how to stop, I've been cracking my knuckles for awhile now, and i just cannot stop! Any advice?

next time you feel like doing it, don`t :)

it`s really THAT simple, although you`ll be caught out a few times, sure! but you`ll rem it after you`ve done it, soon that will become a habit and you`ll assimilate this new trait instead, it a bit finger nail biting, you`ll need to think about it alot and STOP when you catch yourself doing it :)

Guest mercyfullfate

Its not giving in to temptation, its doing it without thinking...I'll probably crack 4-5 of my fingers before I realize it.

wear boxing gloves? :P seriously though, breaking habits takes alot of willpower and concentration. I used to had an annoying habit that was subconscious (picking spots - I don't get many but when I did I would pick them), and I asked people who I hang around with alot to stop me of they see me doing it

Get some extremely hot hot sauce. Whenever you find yourself cracking your knuckles, splash some in your mouth!

I don't promise it will work, but I bet it would be funny to watch you try it.

• 1 year later...

Is cracking knuckles really bad for you? I know that I've heard people say before to not cause it will give you arthritis in your fingers. But I've also heard other people say that it won't.

To my knowledge, cracking your knuckles is not associated with arthritis. What is actually happening is that you are forcing Nitrous Oxide out of the joint space which causes the noise. There are many types of arthritis, but one is osteoarthritis which is caused by the normal wear and tear on the joint.

There's absolutely no reason to stop cracking your knuckles. If you're about to beat someone up, crack all of your knuckles at the same time. It'll make you look totally awesome!

Wow, I just noticed that this thread has over 1000 views!