Pioneer's White Serial Killers Thread

pioneer

Here is a theory. I don't mean any insult by it although it could be taken the wrong way in terms of PC sensitivity. If you look at the profile of the average serial killer, it includes white male. What this implies, under the same inducing conditions, the rest of the demographics are not affected the same way as the white male.

At a social level, the white male is sort of put on a pedestal since equality laws are designed for the rest of the demographics to balance the field. What this seems to imply is the white male has the furthest to fall (subjectively within). In other words, if one is put down and sees their place in the pecking order subjectively lower the fall is not as far, so they are less likely to snap to the level of the serial killer.

Again, I am not saying the white male are at the top in any objective way. But culture both directly and indirectly create this hierarchy, especially in terms of favoring the rest of the demographics with equality laws. I am not saying equality laws have anything to do with this, but they do reinforce the hierarchy, indirectly. The serial killer may subjectively feel he need to be top dog, but circumstances have put him down. He needs to overcompensate even more for parity to go from a common ground zero, to where he thinks he belongs socially.

What I always though was interesting is a Mafia hit man, with ten kills to his credit is not considered a serial killer. This is something he is good at and likes to do. The difference is he begins closer to the top of the subjective hierarchy within his social circles. Among his peers he is a pro. This allows him to be less compulsive about it, although he would like to move up the ladder to middle management. His boss, who orders the killing is not considered a serial killer either. He will be called a business man. Again, maybe group affects, where one belongs and feels better keeps them away from the bottom zero point, so they are not included in the definition of the loner who starts closer to zero.

What is interesting is the media will build up serial killers the most, in terms of visibility. Maybe serial killers use this system of hierarchy since it is already in place. For a little while they are VIP's with that ten minutes of fame.

• 2 months later...

Post moved from the What makes a serial killer?, which despite its title was about the OP's own theory which made Pioneer's post a thread hijack attempt.

Pioneer, don't hijack threads. You have been warned already about that.

You might also want to learn the difference between offending "PC sensitivity" and being outright racist.

The difference between a hit man and a serial killer is that a hit man acts at another person's behest for some tangible gain, whereas a serial killer generally acts alone and for some intangible personal benefit. I might note as well that a soldier who kills many people is often considered to be a hero.

I wonder, would a serial killer that just happened to kill twenty guys wanted for federal treason be considered a serial killer or hero :o)

I think if you kill for political reasons but not in the employ of the government, you're technically a terrorist. If it is in the employ of the government, then you're a soldier (generic sense, not limited to enlisted army or whatever). If your victims' treason is just a coincidence, then you're a serial killer.