air trecks cont.

bloody_thorn

Ok so I already posted on the first air treck thread but i dont think anyone ahas been onfor some time. So I'm asking similair questions to those Jon13 asked. Anyways I'm looking for the schematics of motors any type though preferebly ones from vehicles, a car, mtorcycle, etc. even an RC car would be of some use (big imaginations are useful). I was wondering if anyone had any or could point me in the direction of some. If so please post on thread.

Edited by Phi for All
The discussion stays here

bloody_thorn, you obviously don't care about your hotmail account, but I don't want you getting anyone else's email addy from their response. No offense, but we don't know you at all.

This is a discussion forum, so let's keep all discussion open for everyone, as iNow suggests.

Do you want electric engines, or combustion engines?

If you want combustion engines, do they need to be so small that it will look nice like a rollerskate, or is it acceptable if you get a big thing next to it?

I'm asking because you'll never succeed in making it look nice and small... simple reason is: you are at least 50 kg. Other vehicles that can typically make you move at an acceptable speed with acceptable acceleration are mopeds, scooters and such. They all have quite an engine, and a gearbox.

If you want to make it electric, I would worry more about the battery. In electric vehicles this is the major headache. If you just want to take it up and down the street once, you should be fine. Still, the engine you will need is not small.

In short: give a better description of what you want... and tell us how you plan to make both skates go exactly at the same speed at all times (because I don't see that happening if you build it yourself).

one: good point about the emails.

and two as for the engines I have a big imagitnation and my dad is an aerospace engineer so he can help with some of the difficult stuff, also combustion is most probably a no since I dont want something "exploding" under my feet, so most probably an electric engine and also as for a battery I can figure that out either as I go along or I can ask a very good resource that has helped me for multiple ideas I have had.

thank you but I would like to have schematics or a break down of and electric motor because even though I have drills I'm going to be aloud to take one them apart, let alone the motor. If the schematics or break down etc cant be put here it would be at least nice to have the link to where they are found. If in a book just the title and author are good and ill most likely be able to find it.

sorry about all the demands but I'm terrible at searching on the internet and I can't go on my computer very often now.

I heard of a type of motor that uses magnets to produce energy to move, so jst out of curiosity would those motor classify under electric or something else?

Frankly, the schematics are described as:

motor, with 2 connections (positive and negative). It's not quite rocket science. You can make it a lot more difficult, but that's not necessary.

I advise you to salvage the entire thing as a whole. Just remove the outside casing, and make the wires inside longer where necessary. You'll probably want to have the wiring still attached to the motor, because it includes the "throttle" button. (Press harder to go faster).

You are indeed quite demanding, and if you want to do this for fun, you'll have to invest some time in it. If it's for school, then you really should invest time in it.

And each and every electric motor contains magnets... so your information was correct. Some web-based resources suggest that magnets will greatly increase the efficiency of combustion engines. I say that's total crap...

thank you very much, now having that I an build it in a matter of days(I'm quite good with motors and what naght... just needed to know how to build it).Plus i have al parts i could possibly need now(electronic stores rock!). I will let everyone know if it was a success.

once again sorry for being so demanding

• 3 weeks later...

Do you know how the crank flashlights work to get power? If you take the crank out you can possibly put it in the wheel and connect it to a compasider then to the pressure senser and then to the motor in the other wheel. It might work.

• 2 months later...
Do you want electric engines, or combustion engines?

If you want combustion engines, do they need to be so small that it will look nice like a rollerskate, or is it acceptable if you get a big thing next to it?

If you want to make it electric, I would worry more about the battery. In electric vehicles this is the major headache. If you just want to take it up and down the street once, you should be fine. Still, the engine you will need is not small.

In short: give a better description of what you want... and tell us how you plan to make both skates go exactly at the same speed at all times (because I don't see that happening if you build it yourself).

it doesnt hav to look ugly with a huge engine all u have to do is leave a centimetre or two in between the wheel and the soul of the shoe part and make an engine 1 or 2 cm tall and make it the width of the foor and the length of like half of the shoe leavilng room for more electics

it doesnt hav to look ugly with a huge engine all u have to do is leave a centimetre or two in between the wheel and the soul of the shoe part and make an engine 1 or 2 cm tall and make it the width of the foor and the length of like half of the shoe leavilng room for more electics

Engine size is determined by power needs, not by the size in the shoe.

Please check what kinds of engines are used in other applications that move people: scooters, toys (kids sometimes have little cars and motors) and segways. That should give you an idea what size you need. I am just guessing that it won't fit in the size you just described.... but I might be wrong.

Electric drills might also work (as I said before) and vacuum cleaners surely have enough power to move you. I'm not sure what kinds of acceleration you can get.

I'm sure however that you will either have to settle for a frequent recharging or large heavy battery. Why don't you design a battery-backpack? Some high voltage powerlines down your pants and you're done? :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Ok so I already posted on the first air treck thread but i dont think anyone ahas been onfor some time. So I'm asking similair questions to those Jon13 asked. Anyways I'm looking for the schematics of motors any type though preferebly ones from vehicles, a car, mtorcycle, etc. even an RC car would be of some use (big imaginations are useful). I was wondering if anyone had any or could point me in the direction of some. If so please post on thread.

just saying check your old thread I posted in it

but i think a better approch(?) to this project would be to get a bit more organised so it seems less like a pipe dream.

(trust me i want this idea to work).

(sorry if my post sounds agressive.)

• 2 weeks later...

one thought is that you might be able to use two different engines- if small enough- to power it proficiently. the problem is, after you have the motor taking up the space, the air cushion and suspension system are toast. the suspension might take half of the rollerblade itself.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Then I would go with the electric motors you find in the battery-powered drills or electric screw drivers. You will need a gearbox though. The batteries on those tools will give you at least a few minutes of fun before they are empty...

if you connect the drill batteries to a, lets say a small car battery, u would have a large amount of time. leaving room for the safety issues of the air cushion an suspension. Also, having that load cell would probably be a better indication of how much power will be used

one thought is that you might be able to use two different engines- if small enough- to power it proficiently. the problem is, after you have the motor taking up the space, the air cushion and suspension system are toast. the suspension might take half of the rollerblade itself.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged

if you connect the drill batteries to a, lets say a small car battery, u would have a large amount of time. leaving room for the safety issues of the air cushion an suspension. Also, having that load cell would probably be a better indication of how much power will be used

Well, there you have it then.

A car battery, two engines and a control system. In a shoe. On wheels.

Guys, this isn't going anywhere... apologies for skepticism...

Did any of the people posting in this thread make anything so far? Please post pictures.

Perhaps we should close this thread.

Well, there you have it then.

A car battery, two engines and a control system. In a shoe. On wheels.

Guys, this isn't going anywhere... apologies for skepticism...

Did any of the people posting in this thread make anything so far? Please post pictures.

Perhaps we should close this thread.

saddend to agree...

• 2 months later...

So that is the jist of it, get a car battery, but don't forget to put the preasure enduced exelorator in the front wheel so that leaning forward on eather foot will make individual exeleration as needed, and the lean back breach pads for the back wheel for stoping without having to drag the skates on the ground like pro skaters do, i dout it would stop you in time for oh say a red light at 25 mph with just skiding one skate on the ground perpendicularly to the other one supporting you that is still rolling.

Go back to the other fourm this one guy says he has made a skate that works just like this, he posted yesterday!

but to be honest, unless you've got a V8 strapped in your shoe your not gonna be goin anywhere fast, so i was wonderin, how about using a hydrogen powercell? the smallest one ever created was 3mm by 6mm by 10mm that would fit in any rollerblade! it makes 0.7 V so lets say you make one for a size 12 foot thats 15cm by 30 cm by 2 cm. thats roughly 23 volts. its one hell of alot smaller then a big battery and just goes on the side of your rollerblade! of course it would take time to develope, but once its done its so much easier, and all you have to put in it is water, to fill it enough for 50 miles all you need its 4 litres of water. and if its constantly developing 23 volts thats roughly 130 MPH although your wheels'll probably have melted by then:/ but yeah at the moment im just looking out for the right parts, so if anyone comes across any good parts they dont want/need post it on either forum, and i'll see what i can do with em. (BTW when i made my first pair of ATs the motor inside the wheel broke, so if your gonna build em, make em really sturdy!)

• 3 months later...

ok, so i've been searching on google air trecks, real air trecks, etc.... the whole idea is amazing. i would love a pair of my own, motorized and non motorized. non motorized would be a piece of cake to make. but the motorized is not quite plausable with the technology we have. i think that electric batteries used in shoe size's 9 in mens and up would get you going for about 5 minutes. a good idea is batteries that are laced 3/4 into the shoe that are placed in from the back may work. sorry for not alot of detail but im not good with physics and stuff like that, after all im olny in high school. also a issue is that people make them big which makes them look dorky and stupid. srry for the long thread, ne way, bloody_thorn has a very good idea going for him. well i will try on my own pair of non motorized when i have better money but working with non motorized first, and then upgrading them from there would be alot easier because you would have a frame to work with. i will hopefully update from time and again. plz post any ideas you might have. schematics would be helpfull to so just pm me.

• 2 months later...

Ok i decided to join this forum just to post about this topic. I have been reading this thread and the one that came before it. I am highly interested in building ATs however i do not have the background necessary(or resources) to do it my self. With that being said i still understand the design enough to comment.

Most if not all the post that had tried to go about designing the ats are completely wrong. Most if not all of this technology is available its just a matter of assembling it. Its important to note that for the ATs to work like they do in the anime you do not need blinding speeds.

perhaps the most difficult part would be the suspension.

the wheels would have to be custom made you can not mount a motor on the outside they will not work properly. that motor has to actually be in the wheel. I'm no physicist but i think if the wheel is the motor you will get more energy than if the motor transfers the power to the wheel.

I would like to just be able to buy these but i am probably going to endover to build them my self.

here is a link:

to something remarkable similar to what the wheel should be. Seeing that makes me very giddy.

This can be done, it is not impossible. Nothing is impossible if you can imigine it is possible.

feel free to message me about this.

Most if not all the post that had tried to go about designing the ats are completely wrong. Most if not all of this technology is available its just a matter of assembling it. Its important to note that for the ATs to work like they do in the anime you do not need blinding speeds.

perhaps the most difficult part would be the suspension.

the wheels would have to be custom made you can not mount a motor on the outside they will not work properly. that motor has to actually be in the wheel. I'm no physicist but i think if the wheel is the motor you will get more energy than if the motor transfers the power to the wheel.

It's a lot more simple. Electric engines are very efficient. So, simply put: the more electricity you can push through your engine, the more energy will go into your air treck.

It does not matter if the engine is in the wheel or next to it.

I would like to just be able to buy these but i am probably going to endover to build them my self.

here is a link:

to something remarkable similar to what the wheel should be. Seeing that makes me very giddy.

This can be done, it is not impossible. Nothing is impossible if you can imigine it is possible.

feel free to message me about this.

It is indeed one of the best engines I have seen so far. I wonder what the power of that engine is... it looks small!

Please read my comments about power requirements. You want at least a few hundred Watts... regardless of the design.