air trecks cont.

bloody_thorn

It's a lot more simple. Electric engines are very efficient. So, simply put: the more electricity you can push through your engine, the more energy will go into your air treck.

It does not matter if the engine is in the wheel or next to it.

It is indeed one of the best engines I have seen so far. I wonder what the power of that engine is... it looks small!

Please read my comments about power requirements. You want at least a few hundred Watts... regardless of the design.

Well for accuracy with the show it is important that the motor is in the wheel.as well as reducing the bulk which is extremely important in and of it self.

I'm certain that battery technology has advanced far enough to allow for a batter to hold enough of a charge to power a pair of AT's. look at cell phones they get their name from the cell battery they use to function. i'm not sure what kind of power source I would use but I was considering a drill battery its rechargeable and it powers something similar to a wheel.

As for the motor the video claims only 750 watts in the info section where as his website claims 2000 so i am not sure which is accurate i will be sure the ask him though.

specs can be found at linkhttp://www.etotheipiplusone.net/?page_id=18

the anime says the motor is 4 kilowatts so this one, if at 2000, is half way there.

I read all your post in this thread and I am unsure what you were talking about, But i think you mean to say we need a a certain minimum amount of wattage. 4k is my goal but ill settle for 2k in a prototype.

i have been mulling over the design of the controls in my head all week. in the show they control the speed entirely with their feet now its easy enough to have pressure sensors but your weight would always be on the wheels so that might cause a problem i was thinking of linking a type of control to the boot cuff: the further forward you lean the faster they go but this is all just theory until i construct a prototype.

i was also thinking of having only one motorized wheel on each boot and have the front wheel recharge the battery as you go this would be smart for obvious reasons.

my main goal is to have the ATS controlled entirely with just the feet. as well as fuctioning.

its unlikely they will make you jump ten feet but i still intend to look in to very powerful shock system. Thoughts and comments are welcome. these are not all the details to my design ideas. just the tip of the iceberg

• 1 month later...

from the old thread:

Moseshatch, I know about alchemy and all, I skate aggressive and all as well. I suppose good job on designing your model, but as other people have asked, please ATLEAST post a picture of them, Tech specs. would be impressive, but I’m sure many people are doubting you, give us a peek. Either way, I am currently working on my own designs. Basic mechanical components would consist of a homopolar generator and a linear motor for the drive wheel set in a heliocentric ring <much like a low energy railgun>, would use currently available wheel designs with absolutely no modification, same bearings. It would be potentially powerful and completely customizable. Battery size would be up to the user and purpose, the generator would serve as a constant energy source, the motor would be used to assist, not for full power, lets not be lazy. Bulk of the skates would be electrical work, not mechanical, so lets get some electrical engineers in here, or if so inclined, PM me. My design would be easily controllable and fairly predictable, it would theoretically, for example allow a 30 MPH skater to obtain 40 MPH, using a 1/3 ratio <editable>. Whoever proposed using weight sensors, is spot on for my design, thank-you. Drive regulation system would be about as complex as a TI-86, and fully editable. All of this is theoretical at this point, but based on logic, a few simple additions would allow you to skate backwards, brake, jump without sudden acceleration unless desired, land, etc. In addition as stated before, completely customizable for just about any purpose. A mechanical concept has been worked through partially as well, requiring no electricity, but it requires many new parts, complexity, cost and weight. Still it would be even crazier than conventional Air-Treck concepts, incredible trick possibilities, basically vectoring forces on your feet, a very interesting concept.