How does a mad one understand something

smiles

Someone ask me this case for fun: "a blind accidentally crashes a mad, a blind asks a mad the way to a bookshop is turn left or turn right, what is the answer of the mad ?"

Just wonder how the mad get any information and tell me the answer if you know :rolleyes:

Thanks !!!

Well it would depend on HOW mad the person was and what kind of madness he had really wouldn't you think? If he was so mad that he was foaming at the mouth and chewing on his own foot and responded to no external stimuli - then I reckon he would probably just ignore your blind man. If he was just slightly depressed or suffered from bipolar disorder or something mild - then he might actually be pleased to be of assistance to the blind man - giving his life meaning and a few minutes of feeling good about his good deed. If he was a complete psycopathological killer - he might say to the blind man 'I'll take you to the book shop myself good sir - follow me' and proceed to take him back to his house and murder him horribly. You see? I think it would depend upon the individual and his level of 'madness'..

With the "mad" mind, there is more more unconscious processing doing much of the thinking for them. It is not as easy to willfully learn in a collective way for the predictable response. Much of their learning is being developed more internally in terms of active imagination, fantasy, visions, delusions, impulses, etc., that nobody has to teach them. This will filter through the imagination, which is not confined to cause and affect or even probability, so anything can happen, even funny things. You can ask, which way left or right, they can say, I will have milk in my tea.

Or the ax murderer will see the vision of an opportunity appear in his imagination, and begin to follow that vision leading you to your own demise. He can invent as he goes without having to rely on the ax murderer for dummies manual. Sane is a little more herd like, based on learned behavior in a polite society, which would cause you to output the data to be the best of your knowledge to help the stranger. The "dumb hayseed" fantasy thought, that could appear in the mind, would be censored so they don't think you are mad. This censor is also taught, since it is polite not to expose others to your own inner mad. That way you look less mad on the outside. But as you get older, this rule no longer applies and you can let the mad out and complain about anything you want based on your own inner reality. In big cities the rules are often different, with the inner grouchy or fearful mad being a valid part of the helpful aid.

In big cities the rules are often different, with the inner grouchy or fearful mad being a valid part of the helpful aid.

So do you think defining whether something is actually mad or not, is really defined by environment? Or is true madness the complete inability to adjust to the ways of a new culture?

When I went to Bali Indonesia, the driving habits, if transferred to Australia would appear as mad. But in Bali, it was completely acceptable.

This question, like so many others, boils down to semantics. What do you mean by 'mad'?

Psychological illnesses vary enormously - from mild anxiety to full blown psychosis. And each level has many different varieties. If we ask the question about someone who is 'mad', the question is meaningless, since there are so many different kinds of 'madness', and each will involve a quite different response. My own experience suggests that, in most cases, the 'mad' person will respond exactly as if he/she was quite normal. It usually takes more time with such a person to elicit their unusual behaviours.

not at all, Unless we`re ALL mad!

I`v never seen my brain or China or a good many other things that are quite real.

MRI for the brain and a map, TV or witnesses for China... I've never seen the inside of a mouse though. Perhaps they are hollow - I doubt it, but I don't want to be considered crazy.

not at all, Unless we`re ALL mad!

I`v never seen my brain or China or a good many other things that are quite real.

Yes, but these things have lots of evidence surrounding them. I’ve eaten lambs brains, cut open rabbits skulls to reveal their brains, so it isn’t ridiculous to assume ‘without a doubt’ that I have a brain, without ever actually seeing it. If there was a nation called Rebukoloza, I would doubt its existence until I had solid evidence. Even though from past experience I've gathered that many nations do exist. If I cracked open a live rabbits skull that I had just caught, and it was completely empty, I would doubt that I had a brain until I had more solid evidence. An MRI would be incredibly helpful here. :D