Measuring new age stupidity

bascule

I'd like to propose a new scale of new age stupidity. The units of this scale will be referred to as "chakras", and the scale will range between 1 and 7, with 7 being the worst:

1 chakra: new age techniques which scientific studies actually confirm have a positive benefit (e.g. accupuncture), even if the new age reasoning for that benefit is completely without merit

2 chakras: attempting to study new age claims in a scientific context, or otherwise apply scientific methodology to them, even if the studies show them to be without merit

3 chakras: vague mentions of scientific terminology in the wrong context used to promote new age techniques

4 chakras: claiming a given science or technology has properties which it does not in promoting a given new age claim

5 chakras: expressing new age stupidity as an extension of science, corrupting scientific terminology

6 chakras: claiming new age stupidity is science, lacing it with corrupted scientific terminology

7 chakras: direct disparagement of science, substituting new age stupidity in its place

You may be aware that "chakra" is a meaningless new age nonsense word. So why am I using it as the units for the scale? Well, if they feel they can call things "energy" which can't be measured in Joules, why not steal one of their words?

What do you think?

I love the scale idea, although I think a more apt name would be the 'G' scale; G standing for gullible.

Chakra refers more to physiology in Indian/eastern belief systems.

A similar scale was put forward by Prof. Richard Dawkins in his book 'The God Delusion'

which goes as follows:

1. Strong Theist: I do not question the existence of God, I KNOW he exists.

2. De-facto Theist: I cannot know for certain but I strongly believe in God and I live my life on the assumption that he is there.

3. Weak Theist: I am very uncertain, but I am inclined to believe in God.

4. Pure Agnostic: God’s existence and non-existence are exactly equiprobable.

5. Weak Atheist: I do not know whether God exists but I’m inclined to be skeptical.

6. De-facto Atheist: I cannot know for certain but I think God is very improbable and I live my life under the assumption that he is not there.

7. Strong Atheist: I am 100% sure that there is no God.

Generally, most people I know are about a 6 or 6.5 on this scale