Best Science Fiction Ever

-Demosthenes-

HHGTTG is good (although as a comedy rather than as science fiction), but the other four volumes start off dire and just get steadily worse.

3 copies of 'Mostly Harmless'. Why would people keep buying me it? WHY?

Asimov, Arthur C Clarke and Philip K Dick are the staple. Ray Bradbury, for his general ‘I thought of that first, you hackned si fi whores’ and his kick-starting the genre (Star Trek to Twilight Zone).

I vote John Wyndham, Day of the Triffids. I still can't read it without wondering if it's set in the future or past (as in present day when it was written).

quite like "the lost world" by Sir. A.C Doyle. there was another book written by the same guy which did Andromeda Strain. which i liked really. cant remember the name. The i went looking for andromeda strain in the library. couldnt find it. I read so much sci fi and fantasy i cant remember any of them names

quite like "the lost world" by Sir. A.C Doyle. there was another book written by the same guy which did Andromeda Strain. which i liked really. cant remember the name.

Micheal Crichton's "The Lost World" (Jurassic Park II).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0099240629/qid=1082458496/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_10_2/202-4504076-4957428

does anyone know if "Darkstar" was ever a book? the film was great! and using past experience, it maybe safe to say that book would be even better :)

No, the original screenplay was written by John Carpenter and Dan O'Bannon.

There was a novelisation by Alan Dean Foster but judging by his butchery of other sci-fi greats I wouldn't bother:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0345288718/qid=1082460830/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-5940781-7647057?v=glance&s=books

Iirc it just came out on DVD :D