What is this pic?

DrP

A food container?

I see what you mean - but they are sent out from a company that sells refurbished and recycled scientific equipment - so it has to be something sciencey. I thought it looked like a clampped on stopper to a gas jar or a jar or acid or something. (?)

OK - Last week was part of a 'Tubular Molecular Vacuum pump' and the week before was an 'ice crusher' apparently.

They've changed the rules a bit. They post it on Thursday and want answers by Friday - First correct answer out of a hat sometime on Friday will win.

Here is this weeks! I think it looks like an attachment for a dispersion mixer. But it could be just about anything!!! Any ideas??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
what is the equipment in this picture? If we get it right i could win 12 bottles of wine! :)

[attach]1913[/attach]

all answer/suggestions welcome - even if wrong - most amusing reply gets a mystry prize. :D

cotton gin

They haven't disclosed last weeks yet as no-one got it. This weeks (Site was down friday) is this:

It looks like a really crappy spectrophotometer.

• 2 months later...

OK - the company that was running this has stopped it for now at least. Shame - I was quite enjoying it. Thanks for your help people - even though we didn't get a single one right! :D

I've deleted the pics to make room in my alloted SFN piccy space. Will post again if they ever start it up once more. :)

Well, err... , ehem, err.. yea of course! Of course... I would have sent on the bottles of wine if we had won them.. of course! :cool: .. but they've stopped it now so I'll let you know if they start again. :D Bye for now!........ hic!..