Obama assassination plot?

bascule

Well, he's been receiving credible threats for over a year now, and has had secret service protection as a result. This does appear to be real, but not exactly the best representation of where we're trying to take this nation and our planet.

Yeah there was a case like this just last week here in South Florida, which I guess was just on local news. Guy made threats against Obama and the Secret Service came down and arrested him, and they found a bunch of guns in his place, etc.

No idea if they had a search warrant. ;)

An assassination attempt on Obama could either hurt his chances for presidency or increase them, depending on how it is played in the media. A few people might not want to elect a president who might get assassinated, but I think most people would take it as a sign that he's a good guy.

No problem. I guess "bust" has done a 180 just like "fat" and "bad". I can't keep up. :-(

We're groovy now, though. ;)

"Fat" is still bad, AFAIK. "Phat," which is pronounced the same, is a backronym for "pretty hot and tempting" or variations thereof, and is primarily an adjective for attractive women, with a secondary meaning of generalized approval. The term originated in 1960s African American slang, and its mainstream usage peaked in the late 1990s, and is now used primarily ironically.

*Cue "The More You Know" music.*

I doubt very seriously if these doofi would have been any kind of threat to Obama. One was driving erratically on a suspended license in a rental truck he had no papers for, another jumped out of a six story window when police raided his hotel room (the genius, a white supremacist named *Adolph*, broke his ankle in the jump to the roof of an adjacent building, but still had enough meth in him to encourage him to jump off *that* roof too).

Does a political candidate get sympathy votes from an assassination attempt by idiots?

"Fat" is still bad, AFAIK.
Bad as in bad, or bad as in good? I get the fact that DJBruce meant "boost" when he said "bust" but using "bad" for "good" is just bad, imo. Bad bad, not good bad.

:doh:

This doesn't sound like there's anything to it, but I'm sure there are people out there who would like to assassinate Obama. It's pretty much a given if you're a militant white supremacist, and there still are a fair number of such people. I don't know how much of a threat they actually pose, though. Such people are generally losers in every sense, and probably not capable of carrying out a real "plot." On the other hand, it only takes one crazy person to get lucky, and it's not like that's impossible - it's happened before!

"Fat" is still bad, AFAIK. "Phat," which is pronounced the same, is a backronym for "pretty hot and tempting" or variations thereof, and is primarily an adjective for attractive women, with a secondary meaning of generalized approval. The term originated in 1960s African American slang, and its mainstream usage peaked in the late 1990s, and is now used primarily ironically.

*Cue "The More You Know" music.*

Cool, I didn't know that was the origin of phat! Thanks!

the_more_you_know2.jpg