How do Microwave Weapons affect humans?

jimmydasaint

I hope the Mods don't shift this thread but I don't know where it goes.

I saw a TV programme featuring an ex-Marine about the amazing array of weapons and military hardware held by the USA. He mentioned that there was a microwave weapon called the Active Denial System. This is aimed like a laser and can cause extreme pain in targeted individuals. It causes searing heat under the skin and forces pain receptors to give messages to the brain causes the person to move away quickly.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/v-mads.htm

However, I have been speaking to people who have experienced pains in internal and external tissues - stomach, chest and legs apparently from other microwave weapons than the ADS.

The question is: how would these weapons work in terms of Physics and Biology to cause the given effect which is pain? Any clues?

http://xiandos.info/Microwave_weapons

You want the really oversimplified version? They focus light and raise temperatures in small spots on the body.

60 Minutes had a special on the weapon a little while back. Here's the video:

60 Minutes - Active Denial System Special - Part 1

60 Minutes - Active Denial System Special - Part 2

60 Minutes - Active Denial System Special - Part 3

Thank you for that answer and the video clips are quite informative. The people I have spoken to complain of pains in deeper tissues as well. Will that sort of tissue penetration cause cellular damage by ionising tissues?

Also, is it possible to induce a voltage that causes muscle contraction. This is me reaching the edge of my Physics knowledge here.

Thank you for that answer and the video clips are quite informative.

No problem. I'm glad it helped. I remember how impressed I was with the technology.

The people I have spoken to complain of pains in deeper tissues as well. Will that sort of tissue penetration cause cellular damage by ionising tissues?

I don't know enough about it to say for sure, but I DO know that if it's left directed on someone for long enough, then yes, it can cause very significant damage.

Also, is it possible to induce a voltage that causes muscle contraction. This is me reaching the edge of my Physics knowledge here.

That's a really good question. Again, though, I'm not sure. My first thought was of those tazer weapons, when you're really close to someone and you zap them. This is a different technology, though, as it's using electricity directly pressed against the skin instead of focussed light from a 1/2 mile away.

I'd suggest, though, that yes it's possible, but just not yet. Please bear in mind, this is nothing more than my personal speculation, which itself is relatively limited in real information.

Have fun. :)

I've heard of this, but I don't think much came out of it. A problem with energy weapons is that powerful energy sources are hard to carry. In any case, it will need testing to ensure that it is safe enough. Microwaves do not have enough energy to ionize molecules (they are of lower energy than visible light), but if they heat the tissue enough it could cause damage. If it caused some electric current to flow, that could also be damaging. Anyhow, the only place I would expect that this might show up anytime soon is on large ships.

Aside from what iNow said, I don't really know what else they can do that's all that painful, at that precise moment. Micro-waves are radiation, which is usually harmful in large quantities.

Microwaves, at the level that heat tissue, are known as hazardous and harmful, but I don't think they can cause immediate pain.

• 6 months later...

can this be bought over the internet, also would it give a wave effect if it was waved or cause an electric shock? Because they sell NaC1 lasers, gaas gray lasers some alot over the gov mandated level of 1mw to 5mw that could cause eye damage. I noticed they sell security infarred stuff also.

• 1 month later...
no, the microwave weapons that have been developed cause a sensation of intolerable heat, not electric shock, as has been said before, consult a neurologist.

I have with the VA doctors, neurologist, dentist, ENT and all three head guys are "Frankinstine's" checked everything mrs etc

Its not physical.

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
No problem. I'm glad it helped. I remember how impressed I was with the technology.

I don't know enough about it to say for sure, but I DO know that if it's left directed on someone for long enough, then yes, it can cause very significant damage.

That's a really good question. Again, though, I'm not sure. My first thought was of those tazer weapons, when you're really close to someone and you zap them. This is a different technology, though, as it's using electricity directly pressed against the skin instead of focussed light from a 1/2 mile away.

I'd suggest, though, that yes it's possible, but just not yet. Please bear in mind, this is nothing more than my personal speculation, which itself is relatively limited in real information.

Have fun. :)

it feels like a zap like a tazer. once i jumped and screamed when zapped. Also when i cover myself with this wool flease ...it smells like a burning material and its hot.