Clinton Endorses Obama

Reaper

I think it's at least a month late, but the party will still unify. She damaged Obama because she made the story this past week about her when it should have been about him, with her fading quickly from the public mind. Now that he is the candidate, however, I expect he will quickly gain ground on McCain in the polls, especially as the media begins talkin about their competencies.

NBC's Chuck Todd said on Meet the Press today that another "secret meeting" needs to take place -- between Obama and Bill Clinton. It's an interesting point because I think we've gotten so wrapped up in the Hillary-Obama relationship that we sometimes forget that the nation's most recent Democratic president is completely at odds with the Democratic candidate for the president right now. Bill feels that he's been called a racist by the Obama campaign, and the Obama campaign feels it was attacked pretty viciously as well.

It'll be interesting to see how that plays out over the summer.

I have a question. I know it's unallowed for you to serve more than 2 terms in office as president, but could you serve as vice after that?

Wouldn't it be the most interesting if Obama picked BILL Clinton to be his VP pick!

I have a question. I know it's unallowed for you to serve more than 2 terms in office as president, but could you serve as vice after that?
Bit of a step down, though. And I doubt it would be legal, since if the president couldn't fulfill the office the VP would get a third term as president. I don't know for sure though.

Not many presidents have the stamina for more than eight years in the White House. Many enter vibrantly and leave looking like the walking dead.

Wouldn't it be the most interesting if Obama picked BILL Clinton to be his VP pick!
No.

Wait, let me think about it.

No.

I suppose, but what would be the point? That VP would be blocked from the Presidency, and thus wouldn't be able to fulfill the primary obligation of the office. If the President were killed or incapacitated, the Speaker of the House would be sworn in instead of the VP.

"Most?" I dunno, I think it would be more "interesting" if he picked me.

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/could_former_president_bill_clinton_be_vice.html

Probably not, but it's an untested constitutional conundrum.

The full article is pretty interesting.