Supermassive Black Holes

I'm not sure if this question has been asked before, apologies if it has but where did the Supermassive Black Hole(SMBH) that resides at the centre of our (and other) Galaxy originate? I appreciate that "ordinary" black holes are the remnants of massive stars that have burnt out and collapsed but are SMBHs the same? If so then did the precursors of SMBHs exist before the formation of galaxies?

As I understand it supermassive's don't currently have a well understood formation method, whereas stellar sized ones do.

The one at the centre of our galaxy is something like 1million stellar masses, far too big for it to be a collapsed star.

• 2 weeks later...

It is not a collapsed star, in my opinion, it is a supermassive transition thoery worm-hole since there is a thoeretical limit to black-holes which I believe is correct to about 2 decimals since the quantum function od 3.14156 is not used. Think about that. Portals to other galaxies in our galaxy but shrouded by hot gas which destroys anything that comes near it. How do we tune our brain to it and travel into deep multi-verse?

It is not a collapsed star, in my opinion, it is a supermassive transition thoery worm-hole

Explain this and cite evidence. Worm holes are outside mainstream science.

since there is a thoeretical limit to black-holes which I believe is correct to about 2 decimals since the quantum function od 3.14156 is not used.

Cite evidence for this please.

Think about that. Portals to other galaxies in our galaxy

Do you mean galaxy or universe here?

but shrouded by hot gas which destroys anything that comes near it. How do we tune our brain to it and travel into deep multi-verse?

"destroys" how?

The above appears to be word salad psydoscience.

It is not a collapsed star, in my opinion...

Keep in mind that this is a science forum; opinions are inappropriate in most cases. And read Klaynos' signature, in red, so that you will remember this time.

i heard a theory, i dont remember where that a SMBH could be formed when one black hole sucks up another one. i really dont know if it has any merrit but do with it what you will.

The problem with that is it'd take about 105 normal size black holes, that's ALOT of collision events!