Microsoft searchengine JOKE?!!

DrP

A few years ago I needed to buy a piece of microsoft software. I had the part number. Went to MICROSOFT's web site and typed in the MICROSOFT part number into the MICROSOFT searchengine................. about a min later I got back a message saying that what I was looking for did not exist...:rolleyes: Hmmm I thought.... lets try google... OK, I went to google and typed in the MICROSOFT part number.... less than 2 seconds later i was directed to a page on the MICROSOFT website showing a picture of the software, a full description and an option to 'buy it now'.

Microsoft are apparently offering cash incentives to get people away from google to use their search engine... NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS!! I wont even bother trying it out! :mad::mad:

......................................................................................................................................................

Hmm... whilst on the subject our new PC has VISTA on it. We we told we could not have any other OS options at all when purchasing... 3 months in and it has completely broke - needs complete new install losing everything we have done. (got back up of course but not the point)... The support guy on the phone seemed quite unphased and suggested that ' oh never mind it's quite normal..... you can expect this to happen every 3-4 months'...:mad: WTF!??! We have to reinstall our complete system EVERY 3-4 MONTHS!!

My attitude to Bill Gates is the same as the US General in the South Park movie - if only I had a gun "GET ME BILL GATES!"

Don't reinstall vista then, you can get xp for real cheap if you decide to buy it and support microsoft... or you can get it by other means. At least you won't have to deal with these problems.

Don't reinstall vista then, you can get xp for real cheap if you decide to buy it and support microsoft... or you can get it by other means. At least you won't have to deal with these problems.

Yea I know..... Seriously tempted.

you could try ubuntu if you aren't tied down to any microsoft only apps. you don't need to reinstall even if you are upgrading to the latest and greatest.(just need to reboot after an upgrade, takes around an hour)

Cheers - I was just having a rant really whilst I was in a bad mood - I intended the thread to be about the search engine really and just added my vista woes on at the end as the rage took me..:D Perhaps I should have posted it seperately in the pre-existing slag off vista thread.

This new Microsoft search deal is more marketing than anything else. It is geared to commerce, where the majority of revenues are generated. It should make some impact and Google will probably come up with a similar scheme eventually, which should lower the costs of doing business. I think it is a good thing, but I will stick with Google as well.

This new Microsoft search deal is more marketing than anything else. ....... I think it is a good thing, but I will stick with Google as well.

Exactly - if they can't find one of their own products on their own website with their own part number with their own search engine....I need say no more!:rolleyes: