A lot of questions about animals (like 9 or 10)

CrazCo

Answer as many as you can if you know any! Thanks in advance!

3. In crayfish their stomach is lined with endoderm; however, their esophagus and intestine with an exoskeleton. What problem will this give the crayfish upon molting time?

5. Why is it necessary for Annelids to have very developed nervous systems; even more so than round and flat worms?

8. Describe the earthworm's primitive heart.

1. What evidence of cephalization is seen in the insects?

how about the fact that they have heads?

2. What adaptations to feeding are seen in insects?

you seriously can't answer this yourself? Surely you've seen insects with Proboscis, mandibles, etc.

3. In crayfish their stomach is lined with endoderm; however, their esophagus and intestine with an exoskeleton. What problem will this give the crayfish upon molting time?

4. What stage of development do we call the developing zygote into an embryo?

5. Why is it necessary for Annelids to have very developed nervous systems; even more so than round and flat worms?

6. What do we call the first few divisions of the zygote? What process must occur to allow these divisions?

7. As cells in an organism become more specialized, what ability do they lose?

8. Describe the earthworm's primitive heart.

9. Why are the cell layers of spongers not considered to be true tissues while those of cnidarians are?

Ok... I started it for you, now go look up the answers on wikipedia or in your textbook like the rest of your class!

Narrowed down, any takers?

So in the last 4 hours, you couldn't look up the answers to 5 relatively simple questions?

USe google/wikipedia, man! We don't do hw for you at SFN.

Something just seems very wrong or is it just a very lax use of this?

easy for you to say

Oh please!! It's not like I've always been knowledgeable about biology (and I don't even really consider myself to be that even!). I've had to go through high school biology and university level intro bio courses just like everyone else.

I wouldn't dream of denying you the pleasure of actually doing your own homework. Not only will it better prepare you for exams, but learning how to research answers is a vital part of science.

Either get used to studying or get used to failing.

I imagine you will. I had a couple of first years with the 'I never study for anything and still pass everything' attitude. I was an invigilator at one of their exams last Thursday. It was funny. The looks on their faces! I can't wait to read their scipts. It should be a complete hoot!

If you don't learn how to research for yourself, university is going to be a world of hurt. You do understand that a lot of classes are NOT going to talk about everything you have to know to pass the exams in class, don't you? In fact, a well designed university class should have somewhere around 20 to 40% of the material is not discussed in class at all -- the students are expected to read and learn the material on their own.

You're also going to have to write lengthy research papers, where regurgitating the material in the text book is going to get you a D. You are going to be required to look things up from different sources and critically evaluate them yourself.

You might as well start learning these skills by learning how to lookup a few questions yourself.

not to mention that you'll probably either have to do a dissertation (100% self-study) or a recerch project (where your supervisor is extremely unlikely to teach you everything).

You have to learn to research stuff yourself.

iirc, number 8 should be pretty easy for anyone who's studied them at all.

A bit of a harsh response you've received here, eh crazco? I suppose it's possible that thus far in your life you've been able to flirt your way through answers, and get help because of your looks. That's a very useful quality to have, and one you should always have at your ready. However, as you can surely tell, most members here pay more attention to the content of a post instead of the cosmetics of the person submitting it.

This thread is not intended to be mean to you, and you need to understand that. The comments made within are simply true, valid, and appropriate.

We will help you... always... that is, of course, if you show yourself enough respect to try these questions and attempt to tackle these problems on your own first. I have no doubt in the world that if you come here to these fora and you show the members what you've done already by yourself, and you show where you're having trouble and why, that you will receive guidance and advice which will stay with you and help you for a lifetime.

That's what matters. It's better to use your looks and flirtation as your back-up option instead of your primary weapon. That way, when the computer science geeks with webbed feet are not around drooling over you, you will still be able to be successful and achieve greatness on this planet.

Now, show us all what answers you have for your own damned questions and show us where and why you are struggling. As it stands right now, where you simply pose several questions openly (with no context, no suggestions, no clarity on your confusion) you are disrespecting both yourself and this community.

... and I KNOW that you can do better. :)

Lol, I always get it done no worries. Of course I research myself people, I just like having the comfort of verification from the science "gurus" if I may.

Btw I am done this and I am nearly certain I will get 100%, but I appreciate the lectures.. no worries.

I won't worry about university until I am there.. I mean if I can not study and make the high honors list, why not continue what's working? I figure if I study I will begin to over think things and get stuff wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

Zygotes are always a good place to start if your looking for annelidic evolution since I think annelids are the protozoic ancestors of the annelid and the protoevolutionary scale of the prozo-mesostatic era given the environment was unstable and evolution like a good environment to re-feauture and re-program itself.