Anti-gravity!

bellbottom25

Hi,

I am new in this forums. And i want to say hi.

There is a container for making baked cakes that my mom uses. In it the mixture is put into and when baked reverse the container.

Can that container like objects can be made to fly with mind power?

------------------

eric

Hi,

I am new in this forums. And i want to say hi.

There is a container for making baked cakes that my mom uses. In it the mixture is put into and when baked reverse the container.

Can that container like objects can be made to fly with mind power?

------------------

eric

Hi eric! welcome to the forum!

To answer your question: No.

The reason the answer was such a harsh "no" is because there is no evidence, whatsoever, about "mind power" or telekinesis. It just doesn't exist. What you *could* do is try and find a scientific aparatus to cause the pan to fly.

Like electromagnetism,for instance. That can be fun.

Science is fun and exciting enough to itself without invoking imaginary processes that only exist in our wishful-thinking.

Welcome to the forums, Eric.

~moo

Now n' then all the time i was hearing from your side that such thing called 'mind-power' existed. Why were the nazis during their reign trying to make aircrafts shaped like UFOs. Did anyone see a UFO in clear light! No! And still people say that at many places UFOs have fallen!LOL.

All has been successfully made was a Hovercraft!

I wouldn't just start trying my mental faculties to make objects fly! I was trying to make a Hypothesis!

--------------

eric

Hypothesis or no, there's no such thing.

Hypothesis needs to be based on something, otherwise it's not a hypothesis, it's a random sentence.

Also, I am having a lot of troubles understanding what you are saying with the UFOs and/or what relation it has with mind-power.. or with baked containers.

I understand you not native english speaker, neither am I, but do try better to explain yourself, because you're making very little sense.

~moo

Nothing to do with 'mind power' (!?!) but type 'ion lifter' into google and have a look at that - it isn't antigravity, but it is pretty cool. Some people think that UFO's are govement prototype tests for ion lifters and other 'antigrav' type devices which have been kept secerate.

I havn't really got time to search into it right now, but does anyone know anything about spinning super conductors? I seem to remember some interesting claims regarding these and gravitational shielding (??!??!). Anyone know anything about this?

I havn't really got time to search into it right now, but does anyone know anything about spinning super conductors? I seem to remember some interesting claims regarding these and gravitational shielding (??!??!). Anyone know anything about this?

Podkletnov. Nobody has been able to repeat the results, AFAIK. Not surprising; thermodynamics is a harsh mistress and does not allow cheating behind her back.

People pursuing this are falling prey to a flawed form of Pascal's wager.

Podkletnov. Nobody has been able to repeat the results, AFAIK. Not surprising; thermodynamics is a harsh mistress and does not allow cheating behind her back.

People pursuing this are falling prey to a flawed form of Pascal's wager.

Thanks - I'll read arround it when I get the chance anyway. One thing I have seen though, which is pretty cool, is that you can get a magnet to hover abouve a superconducting sheet. The magnetic field is mirrored I think in the SC and thus repelled and the thing floats in the air!

yea - here's an example in this site, although I have seen better pictures.

http://www.coolmagnetman.com/magsuper.htm

And here:

It's due to the casimire effect (no magenetic field lines go through a superconductor), it is NOT anti-gravity, just plane old electromagnetisim!

Oh yea Klaynos I know it's not anti grav..... I know it's not Mind power either!:D It does however (as does the lifter) give the appearance of levitation and it is quite cool (especially the superconductors. ;).... about2-4K))

(PS - Yipee - 100+ posts!)

Oh yea Klaynos I know it's not anti grav..... I know it's not Mind power either!:D It does however (as does the lifter) give the appearance of levitation and it is quite cool (especially the superconductors. ;).... about2-4K))

(PS - Yipee - 100+ posts!)

I thought you would, just given the thread I felt it needed reinforcing, it is rather cool... my lecturer did it in a lecture last semester.... shortly after smashing a glove with a sausage in it pretending it was his hand after dipping it in liquid nitrogen :D

It's due to the casimire effect (no magenetic field lines go through a superconductor), it is NOT anti-gravity, just plane old electromagnetisim!

Meissner, I believe. Casimir is the attraction of conductors.

It's as close to anti-gravity as throwing a ball into the air though...

You might be knowing the principles behind the working movement of a satellite! After taking it to a particular altitude, its given a trajectory movement that whenever it tries to fall with gravity, it goes into an elliptical path so as to never reach the earth!

So how come when i throw a stone upward, it never falls in an angle away from the vertical?, as per the satellite movement does show that elliptical movement does occur!

What do you say?

----------------

eric

You might be knowing the principles behind the working movement of a satellite! After taking it to a particular altitude, its given a trajectory movement that whenever it tries to fall with gravity, it goes into an elliptical path so as to never reach the earth!

So how come when i throw a stone upward, it never falls in an angle away from the vertical?, as per the satellite movement does show that elliptical movement does occur!

What do you say?

----------------

eric

I say you've not given it a large enough tangential speed to maintain a stable orbit, which the satellite does have. You don't just fire a satellite straight up and let it go, you fire it up and then sideways so that it has a tangential speed so that it does have a stable orbit.

Tangential speed!

I thought satellite was a free- falling object! Even an asteroid falls in an angle away from vertical. Does that mean that every falling object works like a revolving satellite?

I don't know where this discussion is heading? Its about making objects fly with mindpower!

--------------

eric

That's because asteroid very rarely have an original trajectory that would allow them to fall straight down to earth.

If satellites where just in free fall, and had no tangential speed, they'd pretty rapidly just hit the ground.

There's no evidence for mind power. So no.

when you throw a stone parallel to the ground, it covers a fair distance. the faster you throw it the further it goes before it hits, a satellite in orbit is just thrown so fast that the earth curves downwards at the same rate the satellite falls at so it keeps missing the ground.

if you watch a shuttle launch you'll see that it doesn't spend a whole lot of time going straight up (couple of seconds really) and that before it gets out of sight it will already be travelling at quite a speed sideways.

One of the coolest things I've seen in this regard is the suspension of objects in what I believe were the nodes of standing longitudinal waves in a gas (i.e. sound). Googling it really quick, it appears to be called acoustic levitation.

I saw this on Beyond 2000 years ago... among other objects they were able to suspend a frog, to show that it wasn't harmful to life (or at least frogs)

Again, not antigravity, just making stuff float...

That's because asteroid very rarely have an original trajectory that would allow them to fall straight down to earth.

If satellites where just in free fall, and had no tangential speed, they'd pretty rapidly just hit the ground.

There's no evidence for mind power. So no.

Hi,

Might be that you are trying to tell me that when an object leaves the earth's atmosphere, it never comes in the effect of earths' gravity. Maybe its velocity changes into tagential(in terms of direction!), and that might perhaps explains the movement of satellites!

How can you say that there is no evidence of mind power! I have seen in many tv documentaries some individual using increasing its brains sub-conscious levels to a psychic energy in moving small things not big!

------------

eric

Hi,

How can you say that there is no evidence of mind power! I have seen in many tv documentaries some individual using increasing its brains sub-conscious levels to a psychic energy in moving small things not big!

Any of these documentaries filmed under proper, controlled conditions?

Didn't think so.