Why we need outer space free (discuss)

Nemanja

With all the global powers in the world constantly fighting for global hegemony. With the world economy getting tighter and tighter countries are going towards desperate measures to keep themselves involved as main players. America for one is building weapons in outer space to keep itself one of the players just in case if china, india or so called "developing nations" start wanting the american standard of living.

Personally I see this issue escalating to cause more problems on planet earth. Outer space for one should not be regulated by any country. I believe everyone should just start spending more funds in future in space exploration. Think about it, if countries start mining resources on distant planets and start even small colonization projects. I heavily believe global powers will be satisfied in the economic benefits. To achieve this though governments need to stop spending money in idle areas. Like drugs rehabs for people, maybe people should should drop bad habits. What do you guys think? Should we or should we not spend more money in space exploration? discuss

To achieve this though governments need to stop spending money in idle areas. Like drugs rehabs for people, maybe people should should drop bad habits. What do you guys think? Should we or should we not spend more money in space exploration? discuss

Are you suggesting that we stop wasting money on drug rehab and divert that money, and money wasted on similar programs, to space exploration?

With all the global powers in the world constantly fighting for global hegemony. With the world economy getting tighter and tighter countries are going towards desperate measures to keep themselves involved as main players. America for one is building weapons in outer space to keep itself one of the players just in case if china, india or so called "developing nations" start wanting the american standard of living.

Personally I see this issue escalating to cause more problems on planet earth. Outer space for one should not be regulated by any country. I believe everyone should just start spending more funds in future in space exploration. Think about it, if countries start mining resources on distant planets and start even small colonization projects. I heavily believe global powers will be satisfied in the economic benefits. To achieve this though governments need to stop spending money in idle areas. Like drugs rehabs for people, maybe people should should drop bad habits. What do you guys think? Should we or should we not spend more money in space exploration? discuss

I personally find this opinion quite intriguing. We, indeed, are running out of room on this planet. A little extra space would do us good. But I think there are better funds to pull out of, such as solving cancer. A cure has already been found people, it's just not allowed out there by the government because of all the money they are raking in from cancer treatments, medicines, donations ect.

But I think there are better funds to pull out of, such as solving cancer. A cure has already been found people, it's just not allowed out there by the government because of all the money they are raking in from cancer treatments, medicines, donations ect.

Do I have to buy Kevin Trudeau's book to find out what it is?

Are you suggesting that we stop wasting money on drug rehab and divert that money, and money wasted on similar programs, to space exploration?

Yes with problems like global warming and terrorism and many other issues in the world. I believe most global powers turn a blind cheek to these issues because their only concerned about economics. I believe Continued spending in space exploration projects projects will in the long run satisfy their needs and and give sense of stability and grip. Which will make them turn to issues that are more important and humanitarian. A step in this direction I believe is to cut spending those programs DrDNA.

1. how are you planning to get to those "distant planets" in a reasonable time frame?

2. how are you planning to get the goods back to good ol terra firma?

3. what much do you figure that a Kg of lead that was mined on some distant planet would need to be priced in order to show a profit?

4. how would an investment in a mine some distant planets scheme stack up against an investment in good old fashioned novel energy research, research in new materials, conservation and/or recycling activities?

5. what are you going to do when the space miners get sick in outer space but you've abandoned investments in health care?

6. in the future, working mining operations on distant patents will be a dirty, lonely, boring, thankless job, so space miners will do a lot of drugs to make their existences more tolerable ....so you might want to consider keeping that rehab center open. In fact, the real money will probably be in supplying drugs to the space miners, and drug rehab for space miners.

I agree with you indeed.

World population is my main concern. Many fools claim that we have no population issues, but there is talk that soon coming to a store near you cloned meat.

If we could find a method to harvest even just raw materials for starters, Imagen the possibilities we could accomplish. So little is logical now because we as an entire world lack the recourses to contemplate on these such possibilities.

And if we could pull of a method of providing an stable form on distant planets for supporting live, possibly it could provide an broad expansion for human knowledge etc.

We are indeed speaking of colonizing the universe, and possibly we may find that some ware else, that there might be others that are similar to us trying to accomplish the same goal?

Liberating our minds, even amount of fund that can be used to support this idea would be beneficial. It is time we stop dwelling on the past and present on simple aspects that only effect a small group of the ignorant. And put our look on a new horizon, of future.

After all what we start now, is our future.

:cool:

1. how are you planning to get to those "distant planets" in a reasonable time frame?

3. what much do you figure that a Kg of lead that was mined on some distant planet would need to be priced in order to show a profit?

4. how would an investment in a mine some distant planets scheme stack up against an investment in good old fashioned novel energy research, research in new materials, conservation and/or recycling activities?

5. what are you going to do when the space miners get sick in outer space but you've abandoned investments in health care?

6. in the future, working mining operations on distant patents will be a dirty, lonely, boring, thankless job, so space miners will do a lot of drugs to make their existences more tolerable ....so you might want to consider keeping that rehab center open. In fact, the real money will probably be in supplying drugs to the space miners, and drug rehab for space miners.

1)Those distant planets are not going to happen in our life time, but to look at it as not possible would be ignorant would it not? Possibilities are possibilities and a spark that occurs now may have the potential push to spark something in the future that may indeed reach those distant planets?

2)?

3)Profit? So your saying that raw materials that the entire word governments harvest from distant planets, would be used for profit? Is it not possible that they may be used in and for outside of earth projects?

4)How would doing nothing, and focusing on what we already know and have solve anything? Possibly liberating your mind, and withdrawing your mind from an in cloased bubble is key.

5)There is no such think that perfection, not now, not in the future. Accidents will happen today, tomorrow, 10,000 years from now. Is it not true that at one point in time the sun is going to super size and roast us? Possibly space exploration is the answer to that Inevitable outcome?

6) this one i don't know much to say but LoL, do you honestly think that by the time we can reach distant planets we will send foot solders to do the dirty work? Now days ppl are loosing jobs to machines, possibly by then well have them as well? lol or maybe well go back into primitive methods in the future as well?

In order for this to be a possibility which is inevitable we need to stop asking questions on the common since that a few seconds of though can accomplish?!?

I agree with you indeed.

World population is my main concern. Many fools claim that we have no population issues, but there is talk that soon coming to a store near you cloned meat.

If we could find a method to harvest even just raw materials for starters, Imagen the possibilities we could accomplish. So little is logical now because we as an entire world lack the recourses to contemplate on these such possibilities.

And if we could pull of a method of providing an stable form on distant planets for supporting live, possibly it could provide an broad expansion for human knowledge etc.

We are indeed speaking of colonizing the universe, and possibly we may find that some ware else, that there might be others that are similar to us trying to accomplish the same goal?

Liberating our minds, even amount of fund that can be used to support this idea would be beneficial. It is time we stop dwelling on the past and present on simple aspects that only effect a small group of the ignorant. And put our look on a new horizon, of future.

After all what we start now, is our future.

You're obviously much smarter than Snoop, Nemanja, and Sal. They're just describing some dumb old movie I saw years ago.

But you've convinced me. To hell with curing cancer....to the stars!

Interesting ideas, and i agree that we are spending too much time and money on less important things, however, what you are suggesting will take a long time before it actually becomes a reality. Also, as someone else said, sending resources to and from distant planets would take far too long with our current space technology.

I personally find this opinion quite intriguing. We, indeed, are running out of room on this planet. A little extra space would do us good. But I think there are better funds to pull out of, such as solving cancer. A cure has already been found people, it's just not allowed out there by the government because of all the money they are raking in from cancer treatments, medicines, donations ect.

Proof? Or is this just a complot theory?

Sshhhhhhhh.

They don't know they're the same person.

Look at this individual, it seams you have nothing to do with your time.

Possibly you should stop using your time to interfere with others.

It does indeed take the time and effort of other individuals to post replays to topics.

Indeed this topic was brought to my attention by an email. But it was my choice to choose my words to show if i supported or did not support the topic.

I wish I had as much free time as you to waist on pointless and meaningless subjects.

My name is Travis Hansen,

you can contact my easily at http://www.myspace.com/thefarseer

Id be more than glad to speak to any of you on any interesting topic.

But if you act ridicule and lack common since as you demonstrate i will disown you.

As I said before liberate your mind.

Proof? Or is this just a complot theory?

Time,

as population increases, as travel speeds increase.

There are known Viruses that are airborne that show no sign effects for a number of days, hours.

Now logic tells you with population and speed, the virus would travel quite fast.

A break out in an airport where ppl fly to other airports across the world, where they stop at a gas station and then to there friends to indicate they are back etc.

Picture a virus that has no sign effects for over 72 hours, and is very deadly, what percentage of the world do you think would be infected in those 72 hours?

Indeed population and crowded areas are much more of a threat than an simple mind that lacks common since can comprehend.

Look at this individual, it seams you have nothing to do with your time.

Possibly you should stop using your time to interfere with others.

It does indeed take the time and effort of other individuals to post replays to topics.

Indeed this topic was brought to my attention by an email. But it was my choice to choose my words to show if i supported or did not support the topic.

I wish I had as much free time as you to waist on pointless and meaningless subjects.

My name is Travis Hansen,

you can contact my easily at http://www.myspace.com/thefarseer

Id be more than glad to speak to any of you on any interesting topic.

But if you act ridicule and lack common since as you demonstrate i will disown you.

As I said before liberate your mind.

Not nearly as much time as it takes to plagarize and condense several marginally bad sci fi movies into one synopsis, post it, and try to defend it while pretending to be 4 different people.

EDIT: make that 5 alter egos.

1. Whats your definition of reasonable.

2. Perhaps we can make modules in space specifically for storage of mining products.

3. progress is always seen as beneficial to society.

4. More investments in large projects=new technology. Everyones a winner.

5. Prevent it from happening in the first place is good safety. We can use machines to do dirty jobs.

6. True but specific drugs can be distributed to the miners that don't have the negative addictive affects such as drugs like cocaine.

Not nearly as much time as it takes to plagarize and condense several marginally bad sci fi movies into one synopsis, post it, and try to defend it while pretending to be 4 different people.

EDIT: make that 5 alter egos.

Stick to the topic.

1. Whats your definition of reasonable.

How about you tell me how long it takes to travel to your "distant planets" at half the speed of light? Or are you going to use warp drive?

2. Perhaps we can make modules in space specifically for storage of mining products.

I have some stuff in storage at the local mini storage mart and it's just wasting away...

3. progress is always seen as beneficial to society..

some of us see progress as focusing limited resources on lessening human pain and suffering (a la medical research)

4. More investments in large projects=new technology. Everyones a winner.

not if you are sick or suffering from a disease that could be alleviated by medical research.

5. Prevent it from happening in the first place is good safety. We can use machines to do dirty jobs..

No such thing as a perfectly safe environment and there CERTAINLY will not be one in deep space travel or on distant worlds. But I wasn't even thinking about accidents. What about genetic disease, infectious disease, disease caused by environmental factors, lifestyle, ......etc

6. True but specific drugs can be distributed to the miners that don't have the negative addictive affects such as drugs like cocaine.

what drugs are those? You eleminated funding for the development of pharmaceuticals back in the early 21st century in liu of building the Battlestar Galactica fleet so man could mess up brave new worlds like his old one.

Here's a thought. What if man cleaned up the mess he made in his own camp before he bravely tried to go where no one has pooped before so he could poop all over that planet too. Imagine what the world would be like then?

You don't think I'm real? check out my myspace http://www.myspace.com/snoopdogg

anyways, I learned all this from my geometry teacher. She knew a lot of things we're not supposed to know. Did you know that strawberry milk and chocolate milk from the store contain blood from cows being overmilked? Only buy white milk, they can't cover it up with flavors and dye in white milk.

How about you tell me how long it takes to travel to your "distant planets" at half the speed of light? Or are you going to use warp drive?

I have some stuff in storage at the local mini storage mart and it's just wasting away...

some of us see progress as focusing limited resources on lessening human pain and suffering (a la medical research)

not if you are sick or suffering from a disease that could be alleviated by medical research.

No such thing as a perfectly safe environment and there CERTAINLY will not be one in deep space travel or on distant worlds. But I wasn't even thinking about accidents. What about genetic disease, infectious disease, disease caused by environmental factors, lifestyle, ......etc

what drugs are those? You eleminated funding for the development of pharmaceuticals back in the early 21st century in liu of building the Battlestar Galactica fleet so man could mess up brave new worlds like his old one.

Here's a thought. What if man cleaned up the mess he made in his own camp before he bravely tried to go where no one has pooped before so he could poop all over that planet too. Imagine what the world would be like then?

Ya tell me how man can clean up this mess without some drastic change in action. And btw I'm not big fan of sci fi as you perceive me to be. And as for those distant planets, they're in our galaxy. So warp drive wont be necessary.

The FDA lies constantly

Can you cite one single supported example? Even if you can (but I don't think you can), how is this relevant to a call to end all research and spend all money on space colonization?

baby food contains small amounts of mercury

Can you cite a reputable source which validates this claim? Even if you can (but I don't think you can), how is this relevant to a call to end all research and spend all money on space colonization?

because the FDA approves of very small doses being safe to humans.

Where in the FDA policies is this approved? Even if you can provide a citation (which I don't think you can), how is this relevant to a call to end all research and spend all money on space colonization?

BTW this seriously is my first and only account.

I'd be curious to see the IP addys tied to the logins on all the users who have posted for the first time in this thread, but that's beyond the permissions of my account. :cool:

Ya tell me how man can clean up this mess without some drastic change in action. And btw I'm not big fan of sci fi as you perceive me to be. And as for those distant planets, they're in our galaxy. So warp drive wont be necessary.

Much less drastic change, more practical and closer to the realm of being a possability than trying to leave the old mess behind to populate other worlds.

So, how long is it going to take you to travel to those planets in our galaxy at half the speed of light? Expand your mind and find out how far away they are. It's an easy math problem. You can do it.