Nasa release: Bunny on Mars

Check this out:

http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/spotlight/opportunity/b19_20040304.html

It seems COMPLETELY illogical that Mars has life as we know it - SPECIALLY life in the shape of a BUNNY.

Still, I was wondering what you guys have to say about that.. could it be a hoax? (unlikely, but possible)

or.. well what is that exactly??

~moo

Its obviously something from us. Probably a piece from one of the broken Japnese landers. Hey, you know how there was a big race to get to the moon. There is a lot of competition in space exploration. Did you ever think that maybe the US sabotaged the Japanese and French(i think thats who it was), landers in order to keep all findings in US hands. So anything really big would be kept secret by us and we would get all the credit and/or advantages produced from the findings. Makes sense to me, and im not sure i care all that much. They probably couldnt have gotten there without us. We just let them tag along, in order to keep the peace. Im not trying to start trouble because they would do the same thing to us.

There's no doubt it's not a bunny === even if mars CAN sustain life, other than the fact they most probably WONT look like anything we know, they would also have no reason to have such big ears. As far as I know there's no atmosphere in mars, therefore no sounds.

Just a stupid notion about "why it cant be it" that i just had... ;)

But its still amusing and interresting

However, I wouldn't just jump to conspiracy theories so fast, it just sounds too.. conspiracyee :P BTW, i'm not taht sure they "couldn't have done it without you" (in 'you' i am assuming you mean america) there are a lot of new spacial development that were done by the Russians and Japanese.

~moo

matter said in post # :

NASA scientists get to remotely control a machine on another planet and they're still bored enough to create a story around a little piece of thing? These dudes are never satisfied.

Some thing tells me the scientists don't sit around smoking a spliff and deciding what to put on the web site.