Arab-Israeli Conflict

Physia

I know it is just semantics but as I implied before, when I see or hear the word "Judaism", I think of a religion.

.........."Jewish" I think of a culture and/or a ethnicity.

But "when you think of garbage, think of Akeem".

AgentChange, thats true, certain sects might lean more towards Jewish Law in that sense, while others might be more... open.

and Dr. DNA. I have to say, that although I understand why you and many others may feel that "Jews" are an ethnicity, you must realize that there are Jews born all over the world!

You could say that they all started out in the same area: Middle East/Mediterranean, but there have been hundreds, if not thousands of years of splitting apart and migration.

So personally, I think that calling "jews" an ethnicity is silly. However, there are plenty of people out there who think otherwise.

But I would like to add, the people on this site are very open. and that makes it easy.

Ive had this conversation with some other people in my dorm hall last year... and well, most people are quite close-minded. So thank you Dr.DNA, for actually looking up the info :D

*ahem* back to the topic :)

and Dr. DNA. I have to say, that although I understand why you and many others may feel that "Jews" are an ethnicity, you must realize that there are Jews born all over the world!

True. But I don't think in what country one currently resides alone determines one's ethnicity.

For example.....

An ethnic group is a community of people who share cultural and/or physical characteristics including one or more of the following: history, political system, religion, language, geographical origin, traditions, myths, behaviours, foods, genetic similarities and physical features.

http://www.ethnicityonline.net/ethnicity_is.htm

Do you disagree that many "Jews", "Jewish families", and "Jewish community" groups, fit this definition?

But "when you think of garbage, think of Akeem".

Let's hear it for my band... Sexual Chocolate.

Am I the only one who sees this Arab-Israeli conflict as a childish waste of time, resources, and life?

As I said at the beginning of the thread... Put children of both groups into a room and they play just fine. Their hate is taught, so stop teaching hate.

Yeah... it couldn't POSSIBLY be that simple. :rolleyes:

True. But I don't think in what country one currently resides alone determines one's ethnicity.

For example.....

An ethnic group is a community of people who share cultural and/or physical characteristics including one or more of the following: history, political system, religion, language, geographical origin, traditions, myths, behaviours, foods, genetic similarities and physical features.

http://www.ethnicityonline.net/ethnicity_is.htm

Do you disagree that many "Jews", "Jewish families", and "Jewish community" groups, fit this definition?

No, they certainly do fit that definition.

However, history, language, traditions (include those of food), and myths, can all be included in the "religion" category.

Am I the only one who sees this Arab-Israeli conflict as a childish waste of time, resources, and life?

As I said at the beginning of the thread... Put children of both groups into a room and they play just fine. Their hate is taught, so stop teaching hate.

As soon as one finds allah and the other finds out his mother was killed by the other kids cousin, I'm sure they'll still be great friends.

As much as i agree with you, you should know that something like that is NEVER going to happen :doh:. Your better off trying to teach a dog how to speak Spanish....

As much as i agree with you, you should know that something like that is NEVER going to happen :doh:. Your better off trying to teach a dog how to speak Spanish....

I agree with Mr Lockheed. Your are never, ever going to hear it from Sexual Chocolate.