Oprah Winfrey endorses Barak Obama

Sisyphus

The stupefyingly influential Oprah has endorsed Barak Obama, saying, among other things, that he is the best choice for feminists. I'm beginning to think he's the candidate to beat now, replacing Clinton.

NYTimes:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/02/us/politics/02women.html?hp

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/02/fashion/02oprah.html?hp

What's probably of interest here more than anything else is the effect this may have on Hillary's support amongst women.

Especially middle aged- baby boomer housewives. I'm not sure what percentage of the demographic usually votes. I think in the past, they've gone for republicans - family values and all that. But they're definitely moving towards the dems because of the war issue.

Obama is seeming more and more like a safe bet these days. I don't think Clinton comes across well of TV. Frankly, I find her voice annoying. I respect Obama; he mentions his skin color a lot less then Clinton mentions that she has a vagina.

I agree on most points above. What scares me the most, actually, is that so damned many of the citizens of our fair country actually care what a tv personality says and who they support, instead of forming an opinion independently.

Who are you voting for?

Baahhhhh.... Baahhhhh...

:rolleyes:

I agree on most points above. What scares me the most, actually, is that so damned many of the citizens of our fair country actually care what a tv personality says and who they support, instead of forming an opinion independently.

does Oprah ever talk about the issues?

Some people are just natural followers. Why expend energy thinking, when you can just let someone else do the thinking for you. :eek: That is also why religions are not going away any time soon. ;)

Then Obama is 100% sure to win. Oprah knows.... "The Secret" (which, of course, is based on Quantum Physics).

I'm curious to see if Obama can really beat Clinton. I was just reading J.Toobin's "The Nine"; Americans can't elect another republican, not only because Bush was one of the worst president the U.S. ever had, but also because it would change the legal landscape of the country.

I suspect that most democrats don't really care about the differences between Clinton and Obama, let's face it; most are just trivial. If Obama shows that he's gaining ground on Clinton, and if polls show that Clinton will lose in the general election, I guess many moderate Clintonites will change their vote (I know I would).

I really hope Obama can beat Clinton.

Hillary is unelectable.

Well considering they have similar policy, why is this? I suppose Obama would be a better statesman, which would be a big benefit. I, too, prefer Obama over Clinton, tho I can't say exactly why. Clinton seems to represent the same dynastic thinking about politics while Obama is a fresh face. I don't honestly know where all Clinton's support is coming from in the polls.

Well considering they have similar policy, why is this? .

Shite my man. Shite. An amazingly large amount for someone who just recently entered the political arena. Her constant attempts to achieve greater victim status do not appear to be compensating for it effectively anymore either. And every time someone in her campaign mentions that Obama's indescretions in his youth are not an issue (making it an issue), or Bill chimes in with a jab, they add another pound of shite in my book. I think a lot of others feel the same.

On the other hand, Obama appears to be rather light in the shite department....."blow but no smack" and all.

I don't honestly know where all Clinton's support is coming from in the polls.

I wouldn't either except for the fact that polls have NEVER been unbiased instruments of measure. If they were, we wouldn't need elections. They serve agendas. There are more than a few groups that have vested interests in Hillary being in the White House.

In a related thread, did you see where they have discovered that the Saudi Royal Family gave 10 million to the Clinton Library? They love that guy. Supposedly gave about the same amount to GHW's also.