Is there an established process to appeal a staff members decision?

I am curious if there is a process in place to appeal a staff member's decision. I've looked at the rules and announcements, but have not found anything.

I've had far too many posts deleted in response to one specific staff member, threats of infraction, and actual infractions levied for comments or questions to one staff member. It seems this member is using their ability to delete threads only when a comment is made toward them, and it seems inappropriate since none of my posts to others have warranted deletion. I am consistent in my method and tone, and it's not been a problem with others, so I'd like more of a "trial by jury" than "execution by governor."

Is there an established process to appeal a staff members decision? Thanks.

PM me or one of the other mods with your complaint, or one of the admin.

Note that, as far as admin go, sayo and dave are both pretty busy, and mokole and in my memory haven't been around for a while. Otherwize, any of the admin/mods will do.

Full staff list is here

Is there an established process to appeal a staff members decision? Thanks.
Typically an objection is made to a Staff member other than the one who made the decision. The Staff member then alerts one of the Admins (assuming it wasn't an Admin decision in the first place). The Admins discuss a solution and bring in the Moderators if they feel a need for more input. Then the Admins give their assessment to our Supreme Leader who makes the final decision.

Thanks all for your replies. You've been a great help.

Question: If a post on SFN has within it somewhere an ad hominem response to another member, is that reason enough to delete it? My take is "no," but each site is a bit different so I figure I'd ask.

Peace.

http://www.scienceforums.net/forum/announcement.php?f=51&a=14

Section 2: Posting

To maintain civility in discussions on SFN, the following rules are enforced:

Be civil.

No flaming. Refrain from insulting or attacking users in a discussion.Avoid the use of vulgar language.

Slurs or prejudice against any group of people (or person) are prohibited.

Please refer to SFN's etiquette guide before posting.

Section 3: Rule Violations

Violations of the rules will be dealt with as follows:

Removal of the post in question and issuance of warning points.When 25 warning points are accumulated, the user is automatically banned for several days.

Repeat offenders will then be banned permanently.

If a repeat offender evades a ban to come back, his/her Internet service provider may be contacted.

Hi Pangloss,

Thank you for your presentation of the rules. I've read them a few times actually, and more so recently, in fact. We all interpret them a bit differently, I suppose.

Which part do you interpret, in the above portions you quoted, as the rule which is specific to "ad hom" responses? That is the point of uncertainty that has yet to be clarified.

4. The use of logical fallacies to prove a point is prohibited. The use of fallacies undermines an argument, and the constant use of them is simply irritating.

Ad hominem attacks qualify as logical fallacies.

Please do not think that because I have not responded to you we are not looking in to this matter. I understand your points and I am going to try to read the posts in question to see who was right.

It would be best if we kept further discussion to PMs.

Interesting. I would have guessed that "Refrain from insulting or attacking users in a discussion." would be sufficient answer for the question, given that that's what ad hominem means. But I guess it's also a logical fallacy, sure enough. (shrug)