How would I make anti-personnel powder?

Ice_Phoenix87

use cheyenne pepper then. the others would get you laughed at!

{edit}

may I ask what you want this for anyway? I have an idea and it sounds a little anti-social and could probably end up with you getting badly hurt if it didn`t work 1`st time!

well I guess if the guy gets picked on bullied, it`s only fair that he carries something like that around, unless he`s a good runner then there`s no excuse. but if he can`t look after himself in a fight or run, then I see no harm in a little "Distraction tactics" to buy youreslf some time. it is only chili powder and the effects wear off in half hour if you don`t rub it. it`s no more than Mace or Pepper spray (just keep upwind of it) LOL.

besides, if it works, they may think about trying it again, and it`ll buy him some time to escape.

what are the crims gunna do, fone the cops and say some kid that we tried to mug threw a handfull spice at me :)

if nothing else, if having it gives him confidence, then that may alter his body language and make an attack less likely anyway :)

LOL, well I must admit, it`s not the smartest thing to do, that`s for sure!

If I were him I`de invest in some good running shoes and have pocket full of little marbles or ball bearings to drop behind me as I legged it. or carry around a can of well shook up Coke Cola that you open infront of them as you offer to give them your money.

or take up fighting lessons (much more fun) and beat 7 bells out of em :)

As far as protection against the unknown, awareness is the best defense, and a fast pair of feet helps sometimes. Otherwise if you want to go into bad situations and be totally offensively defensive, I'd recommend a suit of armor with claymores on it.

As a middleground as YT suggests, a little knowledge of self defense should allow anybody to go anywhere they wish, not without fear, but with confidence.

It's a waste of time to meet imaginary dangers but is also a test of our humanity to be prepared for the real ones.

I would suggest going to into a martial arts discipline to realize the greater power of the body in bad situations.

Then peppers, gasses, and metals might help you more than them.

Just aman

There are shops that specialize in hot sauces and papers with extreamly high contents of capsaisin. Some of them are so high, that they will literally do serious damage to a person (even just touching it to your skin). This stuff is no joke.

I suppose you could use smoe of this stuff for defense in a powder, but I wouldn't really recommend it.

Here is a quick example:

http://store.yahoo.com/hotsauceworld/index.html

Watch from the wind. My mom used pepper spray when she was younger and although the guy panicked and ran away (thank god), it wasn't because of the pepper spray itself - the wind braught it all back to her face and she came back home with teary eyes and boiling face

Just be careful :)

you need something that has a good range on it (6 foot min) to protect your personal "Zone". a spray is better, but a powder you`de have to be up close and personal 1`st, it`s too late then!

I`de invest in fighting lessons and good running shoes. and only fight as a last resort :)

• 3 weeks later...

water is not a solvent for Capsciacin, you need Oil Based solvents :)

Alcohol will work to and it wont "rot" the plastic in your water pistol as petroleum based products will, and it will lack the viscosity that plain oil has :)

• 3 months later...
Guest paul1

I want a liquid concentrate pepper spray so I can inject it into paintballs and shoot them at a bunch of damn squirrels eating my peaches and pecans. Should work, paintballs are an effective method of payload deployment as they disentigrate on impact and will spray out in all directions. Should only take a few near misses to scare those varmits away.

Get your hands on som habaneros, or what have you. Grind the seeds in your handy dandy mortar and pestle, and then immerse in 90% isopopryl alcohol.(available at your local grocer/pharmacy) Let this stand for a day or two, shaking every now and then. Distill to desired potency. :D

Yes..extract of cheyenne pepper seeds is the way to go. put in a coffee maker with alcohol for 30 minutes or so...you may need to add more alcohol during the process... then evaporate to a more or less concentrat. put it in an empty nasal spray bottles and you are all set...but if you want a real kick as? knock down drag out thing is Formaldehyde in a squrit bottle, this will drop a person in 2 seconds flat. some times you can find in the fishing department in a store ...as in little bags of minnows soked in Formaldehyde and there is enough Formaldehyde in .....say three bags to fill a nasal squrit bottle....trust me.. a little of that in the eyes and it's run home to mom crying....cheers

• 7 months later...
Guest moose man

Try putting Listerine in a spray gun, or possibly breath spray.

I got some of that breath mint spray in the eyes one time. It hurts...